30 Days of Agile Testing - Day 15: Making testing processes leaner

The 30 Days of Agile Testing Day 15 task is:

Contribute to The Club discussion about how we can make our testing processes leaner

How can we make our testing processes leaner?

1 Like

Just a baby step today. I had a contextualization of jenkinsfile today. Now when I push on Cypress test the build does by default the Cypress step without others steps.

3 Likes

Sounds like a very positive step with potential to save you a lot of time @anne-laure :grin:

1 Like

Yes! So nice :slight_smile: I want to do more integration improvement now.

2 Likes

Try to parallelize tests so we can run multiple test classes at the same time and run our tests headless to avoid having to wait for browser pages to load and render.

2 Likes

I would say make sure that there are a limited number of tickets within the testing column. This would encourage devs to take testing a bit seriously. I personally donโ€™t like testing when thereโ€™s 10 tickets within testing column in our scrum board.

2 Likes

Testing processes can become leaner when we pay attention to the kind of tests that need to be repeated. If possible try to automate some of the tests. Or at least find some efficient way to help do manual regression tests (for example). These are worth writing out in detail with the necessary resources attached, so that theyโ€™re easily picked up and executed when itโ€™s time again.

I think, dividing up the work between developers and testers can contribute to leaner test process. There were times I felt like drowning while executing a large number of little-use component tests when developer had the resources to take the work. Maybe splitting and automating component and integration tests benefit to better testing.

1 Like