Bloggers Club August/September 2020: I Wish I Knew More About

I’m loving the responses to this new Bloggers Club format :star_struck:

This month, the topic for the Bloggers Club is

I wish I knew more about…

The blog can be as short or as long as you want it to be.

How to get involved?

• Write a blog on the above topic before September 17th :writing_hand:
  • Share a link to the blog here :eyes:
  • Receive lots of love from the community :heart:
10 Likes

Here’s my entry for this month. I wish I knew more about… everything!

9 Likes

Thanks for inspiring me :thought_balloon: Here’s my story!

7 Likes

Here’s my entry for this month.

I wish I knew more about quantum computing, which explodes my mind, and means I also wish I knew more about matrices and complex probability. As far as I can see, testing it is a barrel of laughs / world of pain, because it seems that correct code will produce incorrect results some of the time - it’s all probability. So I wish I also knew more about significance levels and other stats things. https://randomtechthoughts.blog/2020/09/01/a-beginners-guide-to-practical-quantum-computing/

4 Likes

Definitely! I never feel like I know enough so I comfort myself with knowing that I know where to look for what I don’t know and that’s half the battle :grin:

Really enjoyed reading this @mihaela.sfat! I’ve been struggling with prioritisation for a while now and just when I think I’ve got it, something pops up and surprises me.

I’m going to have to read this a few times :sweat_smile: There’s a lot to digest but I love how detailed you’ve been and the inclusion of resources.

1 Like

Not only does it force you to think about coding in a new way, it forces you to think about testing in a new way. Both new ways seemed hard to me. I hope you don’t get mental indigestion.

2 Likes

I’ve done it!!!

http://peetronics.com/IWishIKnewMoreAbout.html

2 Likes

Blogged. I wish I knew more about…

1 Like

Love this idea! Here’s mine: https://www.kimberlycote.com/post/i-wish-i-knew-more-about

4 Likes

Loved this, thankyou for writing!

Love the approach you’ve taken here @pmichielsen :slight_smile: It’s interesting to see how you approach getting to know more about something!

“Testing is like an ocean.” very much so @srinivasskc :sweat_smile:

It sounds like you have the skill set that a lot of users of our products have, that’s rare and very valuable in testing I think :wink: I’m looking forward to hearing about your journey on cs50, there are quite a few people here and on our Slack group that have taken the course :slight_smile:

Just wrote my first post for the Bloggers Club :slight_smile:

I wish I knew more about Git and Source Control.

2 Likes

Excellent! Is it this course you’re taking from Simon?

Was actually eyeing up another one, but I’m definitely keen for this one!

Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

2 Likes

“I wish I new more about”. That is actually a lot of things :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A few days late, but here is my blog post:

2 Likes