Bringing automation into a company for the first time - would you use AI?

A question that popped up on our Slack group some time ago caused me to ponder a lot so I thought I’d share it here to get some views.

For someone who is bringing automation to the company for the first time - would you recommend going down the AI/Machine Learning route at this point in time? Or is it better to go with what is currently established/well supported right now?

oh, to me I would still be carefull with AI/ML, unless in very specific technical scenarios. Like element location, big data analysis. β€œlow” level stuff.

No AI/ML if it has to do with people or evaluating which services they should have… [deleted long rant].

Use existing and well supported tools and processes for all the things you need as pervasive as tap water, and built only in house what really really sets you apart.

/Jesper

4 Likes

Love this! :joy:

I agree, I guess for any tool (AI/ML included) you have to be using it for what it’s designed for, its strengths so to speak and consider if an alternative tool might be better for particular use cases.

1 Like