Bullet Journaling for Software Testing

I was wondering if anyone here does Bullet Journalling? And applies it do daily software testing or professional type tasks?

It has been something that I keep meaning to do in a disciplined way, but have never quite gotten there. Would love to hear what has or hasnā€™t worked for testers out there.

Links for info on bullet journals:

And Google ā€˜Bullet Journalā€™ for so many visual representations/images.

2 Likes

I feel like Iā€™m always searching for ways to help me organize my thoughts and tasks. Iā€™ve heard of bullet journalling before but havenā€™t tried it.

My main problem with most organizers is that I get overwhelmed with the overhead of keeping up with them. For the people who use bullet journals - how much time would you say you spend per day updating your journal?

If youā€™ve been doing it for a long time, what do you do with journals that youā€™ve filled up? Do you find you go back and reference them later?

1 Like

Not strictly bullet journalling, but I came across this approach of taking notes. So lovely and simple.

Imagine having categories related to the software you are testing? :slight_smile:

http://www.highfivehq.com/

2 Likes

I have just randomly come across this threadā€¦

I have used a bullet journal (bujo) for years. Iā€™m not artistic like the lovely spreads you see on Pinterest, but it has helped organise my life. I also use an app called Todoist if I want something virtual.

For software testingā€¦ I used bullet point lists if I need to write anything down. My bujo usually has things in it in relation to career progression and my personal goals, rather than testing tickets etc.

1 Like