Can having QA experience help you to get work on projects which require data science knowledge?

I love working as a QA however I have strong desire to work on data. It fascinates me, however I wonder if I do a data science PG - will my QA experience be an advantage in getting to work on data science projects?

3 Likes

Welcome to MoT @sunitaqa428 !

I believe so, there are a lot of Datascientists out there who don’t know how to deal with quality.
Their models are basic and insecure. They test with a left over data set and they are unable to create their own test sets using for example Metamorphic testing.

So hell yea it’s an advantage.

2 Likes

Our data scientists are always trying to recruit me to their team :smiley: So I’d say… yeah, a QA mindset can be an advantage in the data science world!

3 Likes

@kristof
Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

@baysha thank you for the reply.
one small query - when you are recruited in data science team - are you responsible for testing the models or building one?

Warm regards,
Sunita

1 Like

when you are recruited in data science team

I’m not going in that direction :smiley: I love testing too much. They’re still trying to convince me though!
But if it were to happen (theoretically), it would be mainly about building models, dashboards and such.

2 Likes

@baysha thank you again! :smiley:
I really appreciate it!!

1 Like