Downgrading iOS from 11.2.5 to 11.0.3 on a iPad Air2

Hi all,

Really need the clubs help I am trying to downgrade my OS on a iPad Air 2 but cant seem to get it going. I have googled and tried a few links but no result so far.

My iPad is currently on the beta OS 11.2.5 but for this testing gig I need to roll it back to 11.0.3.

The iPad I use to test has absolutely nothing on it for example music etc its just used completely for testing.

Any suggestions I would be very grateful as this testing is time boxed to be completed by 10am EST

Cheers Kim

Hey Kim
See if following these instructions will do it?

Cheers Daniel,

I have tried this way but can’t seem to get it to display step 4.

I displays step 3 - Connect to iTunes but will not display the option to ‘Restore’ or ‘Update’

Any suggestions why this might be happening?

Possibly a stupid question but is it definitely connected to iTunes?

Not stupid its the first thing I would ask in tech support lol

Yes its connected to iTunes and I am at 100% power, plugged in.

This has me going around in circles. Do you think it might have something to do with having my OS at 11.2.5 BETA?

Hm, it might be! I used that technique to downgrade from iOS 10 to iOS 9 back when 10 was in beta, but maybe something’s changed, or minor version updates may work differently.

Sorry it didn’t help :frowning:

I think you can downgrade only if you use a beta version and you also did a backup before upgrading.

Thanks @mihaelau for your input. I decided to decline the contract offer as it required I take my own iPad OS back in time to October 2017. I think it was 3 or possibly 4 upgrades… way too difficult to test the app. My answer to any iPad user who is having trouble with that app and has an outdated OS is ‘UPGRADE your OS’ hehe.
Cheers everyone for the suggestions.