EXPIRED: Call for Content - Testing tip videos for TestBash Home

Type: Video

What we are looking for:

To help share the community love weā€™re going to be running short ā€˜testing tipsā€™ videos throughout TestBash Home and we need your help to create them.

Weā€™re looking for people to send us short videos that are roughly 10 minutes in length sharing a testing tip for the community. This could be about anything testing related for example:

• A tool you use
  • An approach to testing
  • A hack to make you more productive, etc.

It can be whatever you like! To help get the creative ideas flowing, Iā€™ve created a short example of my own that you can watch below.

Payment:
If your video is accepted for TestBash Home we will pay you Ā£50

Conditions:

We are not accepting agency work, promotional material or sponsored videos of any kind. This must be something created by the community. Please contact us at hello@ministryoftesting.com if you would like to get involved as a sponsor.

Deadline for submitting your video: 28th May

How to submit:
To submit your video, either:

1. Upload your video to wistia at: TestBash: TestBashHome Shorts - dojo and leave a comment below telling us about your video
  2. Email a link to your video and details about you and your video to mark@ministryoftesting.com
11 Likes

A quick tip on how to emulate location and language in the Browser

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 2 ideas for videos that Iā€™d like to have a go at creating.

1. Notetaking tips for conferences.
  • This will include Sketchnoting plus tips for taking rough notes while watching a talk and reviewing notes after a conference.
  1. How to setup a UI Automated Test using Specflow.
2 Likes

2 ideas here as well, both around micro-automations I use in my daily workflow to become more productive

1. My favorite tools (windows/mac) for opening, visiting, searching web pages
  2. My favorite tools (windows/mac) that I use to interact with websites/applications in way that frees up brain power, and speeds up my testing.
4 Likes

I found a tool a while ago which maybe is not well known. It is Wave and I will make a video how this Chrome extension can help with accesibility testing

3 Likes

@restertest Thank you so much for your videos, theyā€™re brilliant.

@utchbe I wonder if you could do both in a ten minute video under the banner of ā€˜micro-automationsā€™?

@lgibbs Notetaking would be great. Iā€™d like for the shorts to be a wide range of testing tips and that idea is a bit different to the tools based ones weā€™ve got so far.

2 Likes

@mwinteringham - I have more ideas for videos. Is it ok if I just add the videos to the Upload page, or do I need first to write them here?

1 Like

Nope, feel free to add. Although can you add your name to the files so I know they are from you.

2 Likes

Sounds good, can make that happen! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi there!

Iā€™ve uploaded a video to Wistia explaining the structure of a Json Web Token, and how we can create it programmatically using Postman. Hope you find it useful!

2 Likes

Hi @alopezari

Perfect thanks for this, this exactly what weā€™re looking for. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

It may be just me but I cannot view the uplaoded videos anymore. @mwinteringham - is it working for you?

Oops, locked it by accident. Iā€™ve now unlocked it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Small question: does it have to be recorded with a camera or can it just be screen-view & voice?
@mwinteringham

Screenview and voice will suffice. Thatā€™s what I used.

3 Likes

Morning :wave:. Iā€™ve just uploaded some short videos

• How to automate a simple web game (1to50)
  • Using the DevTools console window to generate new accessibility test ideas
3 Likes