EXPIRED - Call for Workshops - 99 Minute Workshops: Season 2

Type: 99 Minute Workshops

What we are looking for and payment
We are looking for members of the testing community to deliver 99 Minute Workshops starting in September. Whether you have experience in delivering workshops or this is your first time, this is an opportunity to share your experiences and ideas with others.

Our expectations are:

• You’ll run your 99 Minute Workshops twice at two different times that will be agreed upon with Ministry of Testing
  • You will be paid £5 per Pro member that attends your workshop
  • You’ll grant Ministry of Testing the right to edit and publish your 99 Minute Workshop recordings across Ministry of Testing platforms
  • You’ll be paid royalty payments based on future viewings of your 99 Minute Workshop recordings to create a passive income

To learn more about running a 99 Minute Workshop, please watch the first lesson of the Become a 99 Minute Workshop Instructor course:

Deadline to submit: 13th August 2021

Season 2 begins: 6th September 2021

How to submit:

To submit a 99 Minute Workshop, you will need to complete the ‘Become a 99 Minute Workshop Instructor’ course which is found below. Go through each of the form’s questions, watch the videos and enter your workshop details. You’ll then be emailed a workshop plan to edit that we will review.

8 Likes

All workshop ideas I had are already covered by other people, usually via the Dojo courses. Maybe I’ll figure out something original, maybe.

2 Likes

maybe revamp them? Some might be “outdated”? or you might come up with new idea’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

@kristof Yea, turn Bug 101 into Bug 102 and talk about how you can repot two defects in one Jira ticket :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @mirza ,

Let me know if you’d like to catch up on a call to explore ideas. Feel free to book some time via this Calendly link.

1 Like

Sure thing @simon_tomes sounds like a great idea, let me just find a suitable timeslot so we can talk about it.

1 Like

6th September also the start of my new job :smiley: ! Sounds interesting, I’d love to give it a try but not sure if I can prepare things with the start of my new job.
Maybe season 3 or 4, or let’s ask how long last each season ?

2 Likes

@ThePirateTester and I recently recorded a Racket. Great listen if you want to hear from someone who’s designed and run a 99 Minute Workshop: The power of a time constraint on online workshop design and demand :headphones:

4 Likes

And after the recording we were chatting, and Simon planted the seed for what workshop I could offer in season 2.

Now to work it out in time!

4 Likes

I’ve recorded a racket about a workshop idea I have, and find it easier verbalising it, rather than typing it.

Please let me know your thoughts, as it might be something people want, it might be something that needs refinement, or it might be something that there actually is no audience for.

4 Likes

Aye aye cap’n ’ @ThePirateTester this is definitely a workshop that I’d like to attend, as a (recent) meetup organizer the topic seems interesting with lot of potential.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting idea !
Hope this deck also help on communities of practice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@ThePirateTester I like the ideas here, I think we should do a racket together and I can answer some of your concerns whilst also helping you to develop a workshop

3 Likes

That would be great, and hopefully encourage others who might have the same concerns too!

Now to find a slot in our calendars…

3 Likes

This call for content is now closed, thank you to everyone who has submitted workshops.

Season 3 will open in the coming months.

3 Likes