Google hangout for testers

Anything really from Testing to QA to Buying a house, just social talks.
It’s like you don’t even have to talk but you can just listen to the others in the background to get the feeling of being in the office :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@ms.salona this is the link Sign in - Google Accounts - you will need a google account or some kind of google acceptable identity provided to join it, that’s all.

Yesterday at some point there were only 4 bearded blokes online - and I got us talking about razors for a bit too long, but only because the audience happened to be fine. It is not always like that, it’s often just us being quiet, but loads of good testing advice gets dispensed there every day.

3 Likes

I have joined this video call two times already. And I can say that it is a really great way to meet new people and chat about anything (not only testing).
Thanks to everyone who participates!

4 Likes

Ohh i see thanks @kristof @conrad.braam. Looks like this is intresting. But due to difference in timezone evertime i open it It’s just me in the call. :sweat_smile: Let’s see when will i get lucky.

1 Like

If you join, and it’s dead quiet, try this website

or this website

Around what time do you join? :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe we can setup a call where some people can join!

This MoT meetup page should hopefully give a good indication of where the community exists across the globe.

:bulb: One option could be for anyone to contact any meetup organiser and let them know about the Tester Hangout, in case it’s not on their radar. And perhaps that meetup organiser could help spread the word.

What do you think?

2 Likes

MoT Slack - MeetUp Organizers? :stuck_out_tongue:
I think this is a quick win!

1 Like

Epic idea! Thanks for sharing the post in the Slack channel.

@kristof , I also didn’t know you were a meetup organiser, of Ministry of Testing Leuven. Very cool! :sunglasses:

Hmm yea, :smiley: just started before Covid lockdowns hit. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh I usually join around 10:00am to 6:00pm NPT. I’m from Nepal specifically. :blush:

4 Likes

Please folk, do click the link Sign in - Google Accounts and joint us either just chilling while everyone works in the background, or talking about testing and life.
We need new faces, or else we will just be talking about houses that the Awesome Bruce wants to buy… again.

2 Likes

A heads up. The hangout will be moving.

3 Likes

Listening to Jerry Weinberg

3 Likes

Just bumping this along, it’s been good for the mental health to drop in.

2 Likes

Planning on dropping in later this morning :+1:

2 Likes