Growing in the Windy City

Hi everyone! I’m Anna, I’m from Chicago and I’ve been doing exploratory testing since I got my bachelor’s in 2013.

Currently I’m between jobs, and it’s been long enough that I’m starting to go absolutely crazy, so I figured I should dig into things that aren’t just looking! Right now I’m teaching myself Selenium, but I need more than just that, so I’d figure I’d ask here.

• There isn’t an MoT meetup in Chicago but I have yet to find a lot of testing based meetups here either, so if anyone knows of any I’d love to know?
  • I’ve been interested to contributing to some open source projects on the testing side but I haven’t been able to find any ones that are still active! So let me know if you know anything there too.

Looking forward to contributing more!
Anna

1 Like

Welcome Anna, from a fellow Club newbie :slight_smile:

What was your bachelor’s in?

It was in East Asian Studies actually since I had a lot of interest in the culture/language aspect. I took a bunch of CS classes too but I’m rusty on a lot of that now.

Hi Anna,

How do you came to software testing? Do you have any specific training in this field?
Going for automation is a very good idea, but you should not focus on technical knowledge too much.

BR

Hi Boris! I came to software testing because I took a bunch of Computer Science courses in college but I was curious as to what other kinds of careers/skillsets there are in technology.

I’ve been doing mostly manual work since I started working in 2013 and I feel like some of it’s gotten a little stale, so that’s why I’ve been looking more into the automation/Selenium side of things, or possibly some other kind of certification just to have something more concrete now.

Wordpress were looking for testing help for Gutenberg release recently, it’s mentioned in our weekly newsletter here - https://ministryoftesting.com/dojo/lessons/weekly-newsletter-culture-is-often-framed-by-what-you-don-t-say

Ah, I saw this but I forgot how to reply here, thank you!