Hello From Surrey, UK

Hi :wave:

My name is Nikki (Nicola Ironside-Skene). I work for Bank of America in QA in Cyber Security.

I’ve been a tester for nearly 20 years, I have loved nearly every minute of my career, always learning and embracing new experiences.

I joined Ministry of Testing to keep up to date with the latest topics and widen my network within this community so I can learn and hopefully contribute too. I mentioned this on my bio for my women in tech nomination (which I have been surprisingly shortlisted- yay) as very grateful to ministry of test for this platform and look forward to going through the content and learning more from the contributors.

6 Likes

Welcome to MOT. Look around, there is somenthing for everyone.

3 Likes

Welcome to MoT! :slight_smile:

20 years of experience, you must have seen the tides change about QA!
The upcome of all the new tools & such :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything specific that you are looking for?

4 Likes

Wow, always good to have non-white-male people, and with loads of experience in the domain join up.
I’m sure we will be learning a lot for you Nikki. And hope you can connect with supporters here in Cyber as well as uplifting women in tech.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. It has been incredible to watch the QA profession change so much including peoples attitudes and mindsets towards this profession.
I am looking to meet more people in QA, understand the tops affecting us, challenges and solutions. It is hard to keep pace and keep learning but that is my goal.

1 Like