Independent Review of Testing Capability

I’m looking for an organisation to carry out an assessment of testing capability, especially our processes, engagement with other capabilities involved in the SDLC, approach to test automation, etc. As outcome I would be looking for areas for improvement and recommendations (both quick wins and strategic).

I’m already looking at one company, but I’d like a couple more on my shortlist in order to compare service on offer, timeframe and quite importantly, cost.

You want to look at a number of consultants I gather? There are dozens out there. Right this minute, I am seeing
https://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/page.php?title=hireme
but there are many other recommended folk. Not advertising for Richard, if you scan around, for a list of speakers and MOT trainers which you can get if you sign up to MOT Pro, you will pick up other recommendations.

Thanks for your feedback, but I am not looking for a tool.

Just want to correct things, having a consultant come and evaluate and fix things is not a silver bullet, it’s a journey that will involve culture change. Signing up to MOT PRO membership for example is part of that longer process I guess, but right now, a list of people who you might reach out to will really depend on what country you are in. Which country is kinda key if you are after what you say on account travel is quite restricted.

Hello Goke,

Thank you for your email regarding your requirement, kindly provide me with the email address to send the documents to?

Thanks. Your information has been really helpful.

For additional context, it’s a UK based business and I’d prefer to look locally for consultants. In an IT headcount of almost 200 I am the only test management professional and one of three experienced testers. I realise that it’s not a silver bullet, but I hope that sensible, independent, assessment-based recommendations will equip me with additional justification for initiating the cultural change you mentioned.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind offer, but may I please know the nature of the documents you wish to send?

Hello,

I want to send the RFP documentation with regards to your request for the assessment of testing capability - processes, engagement with other capabilities involved in the SDLC, approach to test automation.

"I’m looking for an organisation to carry out an assessment of testing capability, especially our processes, engagement with other capabilities involved in the SDLC, approach to test automation, etc. As outcome I would be looking for areas for improvement and recommendations (both quick wins and strategic).

I’m already looking at one company, but I’d like a couple more on my shortlist in order to compare service on offer, timeframe and quite importantly, cost."

Hi
Thanks for helping me understand. Having said that I’d prefer some initial information about yourself and your organisation. Perhaps a website which includes services and case studies or testimonials. That will also provide me with contact details, if I wish to proceed.

Hello Goke,

Thank you for your message. I have over 20 years’ experience working as a Test Analyst/Test Manager for the private, public and defence sectors. Our organisation is an IT Consultancy that provides manual and automation Testing services using the different test management tools.

This is our first time of stepping out of our comfort zone to start applying for the provision of Services directly with clients as opposed to working through agencies or consultancy firms. The name of our organisation is Votatech (UK) Ltd. It was established in May 2011 in the UK. Our website detail are below:

http://votatech.co.uk/oracle-erp.html

My contact details are below but you can also contact me through our official email address: anthonia@votatech.co.uk

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require additional information.

Hi Goke,

Please do provide with the details that you are looking at.

We can provide with the consulting as well as products in order for you to improve on the testing process and bringing it as a discipline and culture of day zero automation and shift left security.

You can connect on

Regards

adesh

Co-Founder and Managing Director

Thank you everyone for you responses. I have shortlisted two consultancies to move forward with. They are:

1. Mike Scott Testing Associates
  2. Experimentus

Thanks again.

1 Like