Introduce yourself

I’m just saying hello. I hope to learn some new things.

Hello to you @jennf and @meshack and welcome to the Essentials area of the club.

@jennf I’m sure you’ll do great, half the challenge is taking the chance on training. Just getting involved will expose you to new ideas and skills some of which will be unexpected!

@meshack I’d love to know if you have some specific ideas of new things you hope to learn.

Thanks Mark. I am working on the Introduction to Java course in the DoJo. I started with the AIT free course but I prefer to watch videos when they are offered so I can back up and re-listen if I don’t follow something. Although I may go back to the AIT course when I finish this because it looks like it may cover more.

Hi Mark. I need some guidance. This is probably not the correct place to ask but if you could guide to where is - I am working on the pre-class guide for the TestBash Detroit class and today I have had issues with IntelliJ. I am getting a symbol not found message. I think I read 500 threads on google (well maybe not exactly 500) but I gave up. As a last resort I uninstalled it from my PC and left work for the day. It was either that or throw my computer on the floor in a tantrum. I figured someone in the MoT group could help but I didn’t know where to look - slack? The Club? Is there an “I hate IntelliJ” support group :slight_smile: (btw-humor keeps me sane.)

Hi @jennf I believe you are on Automation in Testing, so I can help you with those issues. The best thing to do is to email me or catch me on Slack. My email address is mark@ministryoftesting.com

Thanks for welcome message Mark
I am Ankana Thakur…having around 8.5 years of experience in financial manual testing in BFSI domain. I am here to get connected with people in Testing community. Also to learn about certification relevant to my profile so that I can enhance my knowledge skill and career . Above all I have noticed that we are moving more towards Automation and so I want to learn that too
I have recently moved to UK( Reading) and also looking for opportunities here in testing. Prior to coming here I was in India and have worked on multiple projects.

Thanks

Hi @mwinteringham, I currently work for a very large tech company in Ireland and I hope to move into testing this year. I started my career in localisation testing many years ago and absolutely loved it. Excited to get stuck into the resources here on MoT! Thanks for everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Josephine. I’m currently in Retail but making a career change to testing. I’ve been self studying and passed my ISTQB last year #GoMe.
I’m excited to start a career in testing and have just started the MoT course with Mark and Dan.

2 Likes

Hi @bigfeckineejit / @jfoass / @ankana ,

Excited to have you here. Hopefully our Essentials material will give you a good boost in your learning and get your exploring the awesome things you can do in testing. Don’t forget to get involved with the activities and share with fellow learners on The Club.

Thank you for the invite @mwinteringham. I am a software QA/Testing professional with 12 years experience. I am reviewing this course for use by the new and inexperienced member of my company’s testing team, but also as a refresher for myself. I think that the farther we get away from our early days of learning as blank (-ish) slates, the more we can forget the basics, and start to think of ourselves as experts. While I have 12 years of experience, and have taught QA and testing principles to multiple fortune 500 companies, I view myself as still learning. Everyday, still learning!

Hi everyone!

I’m Genesis, System Engineer from Venezuela. This is my firts “formal” contact with QA learning. I’m so excited because I always have tested things, but actually has been by intuition, not with appropiate tools and skills.

And now, I’m going to learn properly and that’s awesome!!

1 Like

Welcome! Actually a well developed intuition is a very important test skill. But the tools are needed to specify the problems.

Super exicted to be here! So hello, I’m Kristof, test automator & performance tester from Belgium. I live and breathe testing. I enjoy coaching & teaching others. I’ve always been into testing from since I was 15 and prefer to keep myself busy with Webservice Testing & API / Web App Security. So I’m happy to help out with any questions and ready to learn some new stuff myself!

Kind regards
Kristof

Hi everyone!
I’m Diana, the new EventBoss at Ministry of Testing! I’ve joined the MoT family in January this year and, coming from an events background, I decided to take this course to understand better what testing is about, so I can get more involved with the community and deliver better TestBashes and trainings for our amazing community!
And of course, thanks @mwinteringham and @danashby for putting up such a great course together! :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is michael. I am currently in my final year of A levels and i would like to be a tester after i leave college.

1 Like

Thanks for the nice welcome. My name is Kerstin, I just recently started working in software testing and documentation in a “real” and professional department for quality assurance in an IT organisation in Austria. “Real” because prior to that I had a job in a very small IT company, where I kind of did software testing too, but mixed with a lot of other jobs like project management, product management and support. All in all my main job there was problem solving. That’s how I discovered my interest and curiosity for software testing.

I would describe myself as a lifelong learner, problem solver and very curious. That’s what led me to the this site. I am looking forward to learn about software testing in general and specifically about automation.

1 Like

Hello everyone. My name is Rodolfo, I’m a historian, however I love learning, and I’ve always been interested in software, so that’s why enrolled in this course.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
my name is Petra. I’m a software quality engineer for tech corporation in Prague and most of my testing knowledge comes from almost 3 years of experience. Therefore I would like to get some theoretical basics and once I’m oriented in the courses here, specialize more in automation.
Thank you for the welcome and I hope you are all well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Christ
It is really nice to see a KIWI here, I am from New Zealand

Hi Everyone

This is Grace, I just transfer to QA position recently, before I am a product owner, one reason I like to be a tester is that I can explore the product and anything I do not know, I can think about how the things should be freedom.

Great to be here

thanks!

1 Like