Introduce yourself

Thanks for the invite @mwinteringham . I’m new to software development and testing and hoping to expand my knowledge in the area.

I hope all is well!!

Thanks in advance for the course!

4 Likes

Welcome to MoT @kamilabartnik & @bclankers :slight_smile:

What have you been learning? Testing in general/automation/…

2 Likes

Yes, testing in general atm. After passing ISTQB I decided to get as much experience as I could and started to do test projects on other testing platforms (mostly exploratory testing), and I also dipped my toes in SQL, HTML and Selenium . Recently I have discovered MoT and its amazing courses. Hopefully it will all help me to secure my first testing role.

4 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: if you have any questions, feel free to shout! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for welcoming Mark … I’m Carloh, and after watching a talk about testing, I was curious about the whole world of software testing. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

5 Likes

Welcome to MoT @cdvillas ! :slight_smile:
What kind of QA are you into?

Kind regards
Kristof

2 Likes

Hello to all,

Also I like to introduce myself to this Community :wink:

My name is Silvio Cacace and I am an experienced and passionate test professional. I have experience in manual testing and test automation within both traditional and Agile development processes.

I have knowledge of several automated testing tools, test methods and test design techniques and have extensive experience in creating, designing, implementing and professionalising the testing process within various industries and within CI/CD pipelines. It is a challenge for me to make my colleagues stronger and transfer my knowledge and experience through training, talks, workshops and personal coaching.

I am the founder of the Agile testing method APT® & DTM and the early based and easy to use Model Based Testing tool DTM tool and founder/CEO of the ‘early Model Based Testing’ (eMBT) approach and the supported eMBT tool TestCompass®
https://www.linkedin.com/company/testcompass (www.compass-testservices.com)

Have a nice day!

Ciao,
Silvio Cacace

4 Likes

From the Netherlands! :slight_smile: Welcome to MoT @silviocacace .

It’s nice to see others are also working on MBT! You don’t often see people doing that.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @kristof :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome come in neighbour.

3 Likes

Hello, all! My name is Karyn Boyd. I’m a manual software tester looking to become an automated tester.

5 Likes

Great to see you on this forum, Karyn. Welcome! :wave:t2:

It looks like a keyword search for “automation” returns all sorts of interesting results.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club Karyn .
Hope you find all the inspiration and guidance you seek here.

4 Likes

Hello,

Good Question.

My name is Priti Gaikwad and work with Team Testrig Technologies for the last 3+ years. In the upcoming year, I have a target to explore more about Test Automation and i know this platform is the best to explore such things.

looking forward to learning more from Ministry of Testing

2 Likes

Welcome @grlc0d3r2018 !

What kind of automation are you getting into these days? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @priti_testrig MoT has some nice recurring workshops for automation, you could also check out the courses on the Test Automation Unversity, lots of good introductory material is available there as well.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m Ronnie. I have been a manual tester for over 20 years mainly in the financial sector and, after a 7 year break where I mainly did a lot of dog walking, I would like to restart my testing career this year. I am looking forward to engaging with this community, exploring what has changed and what has stayed the same, updating my skills and generally giving my testing brain the kickstart it needs.

MoT, thanks for providing such a supportive and expansive platform!

5 Likes

Hi @ronnieold welcome, this is a great place to be to learn more about testing and engage with a lot of nice people! What are you looking to learn next?

1 Like

Hi @ronnieold, as a manual tester, depending on your skill set you may find a lot of the discussion online that concentrates on automation a bit intimidating - even, sometimes, here in MoT!

Search around for “exploratory testing”, because the intelligent money these days is about using automation to do all the boring stuff and manual, “exploratory” testing to find process, interactive and UI issues that matter to users.

You might also find it interesting to look at the topic of accessibility.

4 Likes

Hi Mirza,
My testing experience to date has been largely on complex in-house trading platforms so I have little experience of web/mobile technology. I’m also interested in getting more familiar with Agile/Scrum as this was introduced towards the end of my last role but seems to have become the most popular methodology in the last 7 years. I’d quite like to find some platforms where I can get some up to date practical testing experience as a bit of a confidence boost. Any recommendations gratefully received!
Thanks,
Ronnie

3 Likes