Load runner testing tool:is it useful for load testing

I have been working as a QA Analyst since last year I have installed this tool on my computer Please give the guidance how to use this tool …I am just following the steps from this link What is HP LoadRunner Testing Tool? Architecture, Components. but still can’t able to understand .
Please help me accordingly
Thanks

This seems like it would be a good source of knowledge for loadrunner, and its visual and audio so you can follow along with the examples. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtDqb_glLqQ

It would be helpful to describe what you don’t understand and what you are attempting to accomplish by using loadrunner. Descriptions of the software stacks and architecture help as well.

Thank you so much Phillipe. I really appreciate that you replied to my query. it seems like It would helps me a lot. Thanks again

1 Like

What is your goal? Rather than randomly picking tools to learn, you should think about what you want to achieve.

Load runner feels like an old tool with not necessarily alot of demand for it.

‘Manual testing’ doesn’t have to be boring, though in many companies it can be. Perhaps see how you can use simpler tools to enhance your manual testing efforts? Bug magnet, for example.

Or consider how you can automate the boring things - https://automatetheboringstuff.com/

1 Like

Thanks Rosie for your reply . Yeah Right now I am using bug magnet that is very good tool for manual testing . and the link you gave that is about tutorial on Python language . I will check once than will think about it …Thanks again Rosie

Yes I am working on ecommerce websites the main thing is to check the performance , response time , stress , load of the websites …

As the name indicates, load runner tool is basically the software testing tool which we use to test the application by measuring the system behavior and performance under load . This tool is very useful if we talk about checking the performance of the application, as this tool can simulate thousands of users who are continuously using the application by analyzing the performance of key components of the application. In easy language, we can define load runner testing tool as the software testing tool which matches the thousands of human users with other Virtual Users to apply measurable & repeatable production workloads in real time and it also stresses the Application end-to-end.

Many software testing companies, use this tool in real time for the performance testing as the results are very competitive to test the system behavior and performance of the application or software. This tool was developed by Mercury during the 90s and was acquired by HP in November 2006 and was further sold to MicroFocus in Sep 2016.Most of the test automation services use the tool by creating virtual users who take the place of real users by operating client software such as Internet Explorer and sending the requests using the HTTP protocol to IIS or Apache web servers.

The advantages of Load Runner are:

1. It helps in reducing the risk of deploying systems which does not meet a client’s business or the performance requirements.
  2. Many quality assurance services using this tool tool for reducing the repair costs which is related to defects or the bugs by testing applications or the software application.

Hope this information is helpful for you.