The usual questions that nobody answers in their documentation (which is sadly completely missing from the homepage)
- What operating systems are for native testing of apps are supported, example Mac Mohave? Mac on arm? Linux - Centos 10 or a Raspberry Pi? And most importantly What is the ETA for Windows11 support? Let alone Server platform session testing support?
- Which web browsers are supported? Can it run headless?
- How do I use one test to test many versions of the product?
- What is the maximum number of tests I can have when I struggle with the above exercise?
- Can I archive versions of a test case to allow behaviour comparison if someone else changes a test without me knowing?
- Can I “compare” 2 versions of a test using tooling whenever the above exercise surprises us?
- Table driven testing : can I import data from CSV files to reduce the need to edit in a editor app getting clunky if I have multiple tables to deal with that cover more of my real customer journeys
- How does the tool support test suite fixtures such as installing apps or changing browser configurations?
Really keen to hear a more serious conversation of codeless tools and their correct use-cases. I used one long ago but found maintenance of suites, and scaling and how to be keeping things tidy was a thing we learned about too late. We just went and happily recorded almost a hundred tests and then struggled to keep them in a passing state later on when devs made minor changes. Basically I found the tool did not fit into Agile workflows, because of a number of the questions above had very hard answers. This was 3 years ago, so I’m hopeing here.