Ministry of Testing is Going to Selenium Conference and I Need Your Help!

At the end of March, myself and @jimholmes will be representing MoT and the whole MoT Community at the Selenium Conference in Chicago.
I’m super excited about it and especially to be able to finally meet in person @jimholmes, who will be my stand co-host!

We had a very nice meeting today and are now looking for some activities and/or challenges to do at the stand and some nice prices as giveaways.
So we thought it would be better to ask you for help: what low-key challenges would you be interested in doing at a conference?

Let us know your thoughts and how we could make them fun and engaging.

If you need to know what equipment we’ll have, here you go:

• flipchart w/easels
  • post-it notes
  • could make use of my laptop for anything

So, what would you do?

1 Like

Could you do some kind of “Snog, Marry, Avoid”, but for Selenium Test Scripts… or some other Testing related “things”?

Like “Maintain, Skip, Remove”?

Might only take a moment though, how long an activitiy you looking for? 1m, 5, 10m, more?

2 Likes

Thanks @fullsnacktester !
Might look to have either 2 activities (one for each day) or 4 (two for each day). Yes the main idea is for them to be quick but one that each participant could do more than once.
@jimholmes what do you think?

2 Likes

Possible options:

Community Questions Challenge (very short, repeatable)

• Ask the community a question for social, like the ones that get posted on LinkedIn “If you could change one thing about Dev/Test relationships, what would it be?” etc.
  • This could also work two ways, where people could answer questions others have already left, and you can collect the questions to ask on social at a later date

Create a new testing heuristic or mnemonic (More challenging, repeatable but people might not want to do more than one!)

• Associate testing terminology with a keyword
  • Bring experience you know from outside of testing, and relate it to testing to create a heuristic
  • Assemble a heuristic from a bunch of pre-printed/written stickies

Example:
COMMUNITY
Communication
Organisation
Maturity
Mutual Respect
Universal
Intentional
Together
Yours

Example Mapping Challenge