MoT Sfax #10: The Hidden Treasure of Static Analysis: Finding Risks in Forgotten Places

Hi all,

Happy to announce that I’ll host a meetup within MoT Sfax and combining it with Mot Lille as I joined the organization recently !

Our special guest @g33klady will talk about Static Analysis. Link to the event on meetup The Hidden Treasure of Static Analysis: Finding Risks in Forgotten Places | Meetup

It will be hosted in crowdcast : The Hidden Treasure of Static Analysis: Finding Risks in Forgotten Places with Hilary Weaver-Robb - Crowdcast

Abstract:
Static analysis tools are often used as an enterprise standard because management wants to track metrics, so the team gets their code in there then forgets about it – out of sight, out of mind. But for someone looking for areas of risk in a codebase, static analysis tools are a treasure trove of information that is usually difficult to track down manually or even with test automation. In this session we’ll use the map provided to us by static analysis to find areas of risk from bugs, duplications, code coverage (or lack thereof), and complexity. We can further analyze these hazards to get a clearer picture of the actual risks, or take immediate action to reduce that risk by killing them off. And if you’re not using static analysis tools just yet, you’ll learn about just how invaluable they are to the entire team, not just management!

Looking forward to have you all !!!

4 Likes

Yes, I signed up for the meetup! :nerd_face:

1 Like

you are welcome !!! :smiley:

1 Like