Selenium with Audio What would you use it for?

Hey Ministry,

I saw an interesting video about making your Selenium Tests talk.

GitHub - sudharsan-selvaraj/selenium-audio-logger: πŸ‘» πŸ‘» Adds a little πŸ…΅πŸ†„πŸ…½ to selenium test execution by speaking out all webdriver/webelement actions performed in the tests.

How would you use this in your tests? Would you use it in your tests?

1 Like

Is there a video of it working?.. oh yes there is. Does it wait for each element accessed to speak before the test move on?.. Yes it does, it’s a java plugin that means the install may need some work if you don’t use java sadly. Funky, educational, but not sure I would use it sadly. What was it’s purpose I wonder.

I actually thought , from the title of the thread, that we were talking about Selenium recording audio, not using a TTS engine hooked into the F/W, HaHa

@conrad.braam - I did not want to create any false hope. I thought it interesting and that is why I shared it.
Personally would have to think of a real world scenario for its use.

I can imagine maybe some people that have vision difficulties may take advantage of it, but I cannot really tell.

1 Like

@restertest I’m not convinced it’s a useless exercise - I did a bit of code scanning to try get a rough idea of how it works, and in that alone, it’s a smart exercise. There are many many terrible software apps out there. I think that there are many ways to β€œraise the bar” and force good quality engineering to happen. And this project is one such project, it’s done properly, and it works. It probably will work on a headless browser too.

I once did a text-to-speech driver for an industrial control-system, It was in the early days of the tech, but it did work, and was great for demos. For me it was a fun project, and probably only ate a week of my work, for something that never got published, but I learned a lot. I’m pretty sure someone has published a plugin that does it better, it was so long ago now. But I’m with Joao on this, it’s very helpful I’ll bet if you have limited vision.