We are looking for people to submit 20-minute videos that show solutions to one of our Test.Bash() challenges. You can learn more about submitting to Test.Bash() in our news post announcing the challenges.
For this challenge, we want to see demonstrations of API automation tools that can chain requests and assert HTTP responses. We’d like to see how far you got with solving the challenge, what you liked about the tooling you used, and what you disliked.
For this challenge, we’ll be using restful-booker-platform which can be found here: https://automationintesting.online/
Using an API automation tool that you think the community would be interested in, show us how you would mitigate the following risk:
The Room API is unable to create rooms
If you had to build automation to confirm the Room API is able to create a room, how would you do it?
One example of mitigating this risk might be to use Postman to:
- Create a request to log in as an admin using the Auth API and save the Cookie that comes back in
- Send a POST request to the Room API
- Assert that the room has been created and contains expected room details using the Test tab
Tip: Check out the Postman collection for Restful-Booker-Platform to get started with its APIs www.postman.com/automation-in-testing or load up the Swagger documentation for one of the APIs to learn how they work. For example, automationintesting.online/auth/swagger-ui/index.html will grant you access to the Auth Swagger documentation.
- Introduction to HTTP - Mark Winteringham - Introduction To HTTP - Mark Winteringham | MoT
- RESTful API Testing With Chakram by Dr Dan Reid RESTful API Testing With Chakram | MoT
- Automating API Checks with RestSharp by Hilary Weaver-Robb - Automating API Checks With RestSharp - Hilary Weaver-Robb | MoT
Once you’ve recorded your tool demo please:
- Upload your video to Wistia with the title stating your full name and the challenge you took. For example MarkWinteringham_APIChallenge.
- Complete the Typeform below to inform us of your demo and to help us learn more about you.
We’ll be in touch soon to confirm if your demo will be part of Test.bash(); 2022.
For each accepted challenge demo the speaker(s) will be entitled to:
- £100 fee
- Conference access
All submissions in before the 25th of September 2022!
This contribution is open to testing community members only. However, if you would love to show how your tooling can solve our challenges, why not sponsor Test.Bash(); and get the opportunity to show the power of your solution to our attendees whilst supporting the testing community.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more