Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 API Challenge - No longer accepting submissions

We are looking for people to submit 20-minute videos that show solutions to one of our Test.Bash() challenges. You can learn more about submitting to Test.Bash() in our news post announcing the challenges.

API Challenge

For this challenge, we want to see demonstrations of API automation tools that can chain requests and assert HTTP responses. We’d like to see how far you got with solving the challenge, what you liked about the tooling you used, and what you disliked.

For this challenge, we’ll be using restful-booker-platform which can be found here: https://automationintesting.online/

Instructions

Using an API automation tool that you think the community would be interested in, show us how you would mitigate the following risk:

The Room API is unable to create rooms

If you had to build automation to confirm the Room API is able to create a room, how would you do it?

Example:

One example of mitigating this risk might be to use Postman to:

1. Create a request to log in as an admin using the Auth API and save the Cookie that comes back in
  2. Send a POST request to the Room API
  3. Assert that the room has been created and contains expected room details using the Test tab

Tip: Check out the Postman collection for Restful-Booker-Platform to get started with its APIs www.postman.com/automation-in-testing or load up the Swagger documentation for one of the APIs to learn how they work. For example, automationintesting.online/auth/swagger-ui/index.html will grant you access to the Auth Swagger documentation.

Resources

How to Submit Your Demo

Once you’ve recorded your tool demo please:

• Upload your video to Wistia with the title stating your full name and the challenge you took. For example MarkWinteringham_APIChallenge.
  • Complete the Typeform below to inform us of your demo and to help us learn more about you.

We’ll be in touch soon to confirm if your demo will be part of Test.bash(); 2022.

What you will get

For each accepted challenge demo the speaker(s) will be entitled to:

• £100 fee
  • Conference access

Deadline to Submit

All submissions in before the 30th of September 2022!

Calling all tool vendors

This contribution is open to testing community members only. However, if you would love to show how your tooling can solve our challenges, why not sponsor Test.Bash(); and get the opportunity to show the power of your solution to our attendees whilst supporting the testing community.

Please contact marketing@ministryoftesting.com to learn more

6 Likes

Is this correct as part of the API challenge?

3 Likes

Is that for checking the video thumbnail if it’s generated?

1 Like

My bad, a little copy and paste error there. I’ve updated it to:

3 Likes

Done it. I went full 20 minutes on this one :smiley: @mwinteringham - hope it is not too much

3 Likes

Is there a deadline?

2 Likes

The event isn’t until October so there isn’t a deadline just yet. It really depends on how many people submit.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Gosh, in that case I need to create a deadline for myself or I’ll never get anything submitted ever :-))))

4 Likes

Ah, now there’s a deadline, sweet! Thank you!

DDD (deadline driven development) :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey folks, I had an uploading snafu. The second video I uploaded is the one to use for the competition - feel free to delete the first one (the long MOV) as I didn’t have permissions to remove it myself. Thanks!

1 Like

All sorted @jenbauer

Thanks for submitting!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for uploading your challenge video solutions.

I’ll now close down this thread.

2 Likes