We are looking for people to submit 20-minute videos that show solutions to one of our Test.Bash() challenges. You can learn more about submitting to Test.Bash() in our news post announcing the challenges.
For this challenge, we want to see how you might go ahead with automating the UI layer using different tools. We’d like to see how far you got with solving the challenge, what you liked about the tooling you used, and what you disliked.
For this challenge, we’ll be using restful-booker-platform which can be found here: https://automationintesting.online/
Using a UI automation tool that you think the community would be interested in, show us how you would mitigate the following risk:
An admin user is unable to see and read the message in the admin portal
If you had to build UI automation to check that messages can be seen and read, how would you do it?
One example of mitigating this risk might be to use SeleniumWebdriver to:
- Open a browser and navigate to https://automationintesting.online/
- Complete the Contact Us form
- Log into the admin panel found at Restful-booker-platform demo
- Access the created message in Restful-booker-platform demo
- Assert the contents of the message match the details filled in the Contact Us form
- UI Automation Pathway - Ninja training for software testers | MoT
- Introduction to Cypress - Introduction to Cypress | MoT
- Selenium Webdriver Course (Java) - Free Selenium WebDriver Course | Automation in Testing
Once you’ve recorded your tool demo please:
- Upload your video to Wistia with the title stating your full name and the challenge you took. For example MarkWinteringham_APIChallenge.
- Complete the Typeform below to inform us of your demo and to help us learn more about you.
We’ll be in touch soon to confirm if your demo will be part of Test.bash(); 2022.
For each accepted challenge demo the speaker(s) will be entitled to:
- £100 fee
- Conference access
All submissions in before the 25th of September 2022!
This contribution is open to testing community members only. However, if you would love to show how your tooling can solve our challenges, why not sponsor Test.Bash(); and get the opportunity to show the power of your solution to our attendees whilst supporting the testing community.
Please contact email@example.com to learn more