Trying to get into testing what’s the best way. I also have 4 certs to go along with it

Hello everyone. My name is Pablo and I’m trying to get into software testing. I have my astqb cert, scrum master cert, product owner cert. i have been searching for jobs no luck so far. I have had a couple interviews but nothing. Also is there any way to get hands on experience out there ? I have a friend that’s a tester so I Mirror him but that’s not enough. Anything helps. Thanks you.

3 Likes

What helped me in the transition are two things: freelancing via Upwork and an internal transfer within the company. Certifications did boost the chances but not as much as actual experience like freelancing if you can’t do an internal switch.

2 Likes

Aside from what @piconyannyan said, you can also try crowdsourced testing like utest.

I wrote a blog post on starting a career in testing.

I go into more detail in my book.

also, have you gotten feedback in your interviews?

2 Likes

Try to get some real experience, like doing a bit of freelancing and checking out crowdtesting platforms - this way you can see first hand how to report bugs, retest them, participatein test runs and more.

Also, try to use your GitHub profile to showcase your work, not only automation code, but also you could use markdown syntax to demo how your test cases would look like, show a sample of a bug report, demo an exploratory testing charter, etc. You can include the link to you GitHub in your CV or the cover letter. Good Luck!

3 Likes

Hi, this might be useful. It’s one of our most popular posts. It has information to help you get practical experience and to continue to expand your knowledge, outside of those standardised certs. 30 Things Every New Software Tester Should Learn | MoT

It should give you a way to create an action plan too.

3 Likes