How to organise test cases for configurable application

Thank you both for sharing. You gave me a lot of good ideas but Iโ€™m still struggling. It would help me to see your approach on a concrete example (i made it up, i hope it will serve the purpose well).

You have web shop.

1. One client has an instant purchase option. If user clicks on an item, he directly triggers a payment process.
  2. Another client has a cart option. In this case, if user clicks on an item, item is added to a cart. User has to click pay option to trigger payment process.
  3. Third client has a preview option. If user clicks on an item, he opens a page with more details. Within this, it depends on option 1, 2 or 4 whether this goes into instant purchase or cart.
  4. Fourth client has a mix of cart and instant options: user triggers instant purchase if the item is worth more then 100, otherwise item goes to cart.

How would you approach this?

@kinofrost Iโ€™m not familiar with the term โ€œcharterโ€ in QA field. Could you briefly describe it or share a relevant link explaining how it works. I searched it but apparenlty google thinks I need vacation because all I got were flights and sailing charters :wink: