Power Hour - Testability

This. +10000000

I often feel like this means all the forms of testing we currently do and I know about, we can’t imagine how to test this. Dig deeper.

2 Likes

A final thought from me here.

Your system is hard to test. My experience over the last many years in testing has helped me make that sweeping generalisation with confidence. Poor testability warps what we think testing is (and the rest of the software development world) and how it adds value. I think it’s one of the defining challenges of being a tester.

We can rise to this challenge though. Adding a focus on testability to your work will help you, your team and your organisation. Great testing comes from combining sharpening all those tester skills you have with enhanced testability. It is within our gift as testers to be catalysts for change. Tomorrow, ask the question. “How can we make this more testable?”

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your responses. It kind of confirms what I believed - fortunately it’s not something I’ve come across often.

1 Like

Thank you Ash and Nicola for your replies and very useful, practical advice. Looking forward to applying it and bringing a better focus on testability to my own work and the team. I love your call for action, simple but powerful: asking the question “How can we make this more testable?”

2 Likes