Artificial Intelligence in Testing (AIiT)

Much like @friendlytester and @mwinteringham established the Automation in Testing (AiT) mindset and namespace, perhaps we should establish Artificial Intelligence in Testing (AIiT) as a mindset and namespace. :thinking:

If so, how would you define it? What principles would be helpful?

2 Likes

I assume that the AI of AIiT is only in the testing activity and not in the system under test - is that correct?

2 Likes

Hi @bobs,

Good question, thanks for asking.

Yes, I’d imagined the AI is about the testing activity, not the system under test.

And indeed it would be curious to apply an AIiT mindset and approach to testing a system that has some part of it that uses some form of AI.

FYI: When I read “Artificial intelligence and Software Testing” I found that it covered both using AI to test and testing AI: A review of “Artificial Intelligence and Software Testing” – TestAndAnalysis

I guess AI feels like a current “hot” topic particularly with the release of ChatGPT, but I wonder if it’s truly big enough at this point to justify the effort/maintenance? Also, while I wasn’t previously familiar with that AiT site, I feel like having an AiT site (on the site it looks like AIT) and an AIiT site would cause confusion.

AIiT - it’s hard to speak out loud :smiley:

In German language it would be KIiT (similar sounds of K.I.T.T. aka Knight Industries Two Thousand for those who remember :smiley: )