Automation testing

Hi All,

I need your help for the following two points and how to answer them please

What steps would I describe how i would go about creating an automated testing environment for a company has 10 critical applications,

What steps are involved and how would I bring the people together on that journey?

Thank you

3 Likes

The following free course gave me some useful insights:

4 Likes

Thank you very much :+1:

2 Likes

Analysing the needs of the project and sitting down with people from your team can help you in this, you could make an automation strategy (it doesn’t have to be a long document, it can be a simple mind map) here’s an article that will give you a clearer idea about it:

3 Likes

Thank you very much
Great

1 Like

Thanks a lot :pray:
Great

2 Likes

Having regular meetings with the key stakeholders and showing them something you have achieved keeps them involved. When I was selecting tools for one project I would make short videos of the tools in action for the Project Managers that would (hopefully) be interesting to them.

5 Likes

You need to address that you not only need a good environment but also good frameworks that fit your needs.

Don’t forget:

• Logging
  • Monitoring
  • Test data creation/generation
  • Reporting

For your 10 critical applications, do you have 10 different teams are they all using the same tools?
You could have a shiny dashboard which orchestrates all applications at 1 spot so you have a massive overview.

3 Likes

Mostly, don’t assume that all 10 “products/applications” need the same tool approach, it’s a box of things, and depending on team and organization make-up as well as the context of each product. 10 “applications” is that implying 10 teams or is there a healthy way you can split them up, and solve only one of the problem groups at a time instead of getting stuck in “design stasis”. It’s awesome hard to get out of design stasis by trying to generalize your tooling to try and keep everyone happy and going too big and wide.

4 Likes

Thank you so very much :pray:

1 Like

God bless you. Thank you so much :pray:

Thank you so very much :+1::pray: