๐Ÿค– Day 16: Evaluate adopting AI for accessibility testing and share your findings

Iโ€™m falling behind! AI / LLMs for accessibility testing particularly interests me so I spent a bit of time skimming the posts here and searching around. I agree with the folks who point out that vendors are quick to market their products as using AI and ML, when they probably are mostly using good old coding heuristics.

I liked this post from Craig Abbott: Craig Abbott on LinkedIn: A lot of people are suggesting AI and LLMs (Large Language Models) willโ€ฆ | 12 comments He has this thought-provoking question at the end: Most humans donโ€™t understand the needs of people with disabilities in 2023, so how can we possibly teach a machine to?

I also asked my go-to person for all things accessibility, @adystokes , about this. One thing he replied that resonates with me is, we can use an AI / LLM tool to make sure a page has alt text on all the images. But, can the tool tell us if the alt text is goodโ€ฆ maybe that is coming.

3 Likes