Share your evaluation of a new tool you’ve used this month – 30 Days of Tools, Day 29

This is Day 29 of the 30 Days of Tools challenge. Wow, you’ve nearly made it!

Share your evaluation of a new tool you’ve used this month

  • How have you got on with the tool you picked on Day 4? What are your key learnings? What blockers did you hit?
  • Share your evaluation in whatever way works for you e.g. video, blog post, slides, audio, reply to a thread etc
  • How might this tool help others and in what context?
  • Will you continue to use it? Or is it one for your tool-aware toolbox for another time? :toolbox:

Feel free to reply to this post and share wherever you like, on the MoT Slack, LinkedIn, Twitter using #30DaysOfTools, Racket, your blog, with your team and any place you feel might inspire yourself and others to do the same. Let’s learn from each other throughout October. Visit the 30 Days of Tools page and select the “Subscribe to Topic” button to receive each daily challenge direct to your inbox.


I got the Wave accessibility tool (by using that tool wheel). I used it a few years ago in my first company when we had to do some accessibility testing and the tool was good back then, but I’m glad to note that it has gotten even better in the meantime!

It comes as a handy browser extension which generates a report of the accessibility status of a website.

  • You can toggle of CSS to see the page as a screen reader would go trough it:
  • Overview summary gives you a total sum of errors, alerts, structure, aria-roles on the page, etc.
  • If you go into details it will give you specifics on what can be improved on the page to make it more accessible
  • You can also analyse the whole HTML structure of the site and check the contrast:
    All in all a great tool to use if you need to test for accessibility, or looking to learn more about that kind of testing hands-on! :smiley:
1 Like

I absolutely love working with playwright in whatever flavor it takes. Though I have gotten into a POC with its javascript flavor lately. This language binding also has the newest features, which are released once a month.

A blocker I definitely hit was with clicking an element using the java bindings, that caused the page to render an error page of a microservice. I tried multiple things to fix it. When I tried with the js bindings, it just worked.

I’d like to write a blog post soon on soon, when I have time. It would be a few posts about setting up a project and then using the features.

I think that Playwright is a great alternative to Selenium and it (the JS version) now includes a test runner, html reports (which include screenshot comparisons) and an API for API testing as well as mocking. It is a quick way to get some UI tests setup for whatever problem you’d need it for.

Yes, I would like to build out my POC much more in the future. I need to integrate it with our flow at work which uses Jenkins, and SauceLabs.