Do you have any tips or stories about improving DX in your team?

Read this week’s article, “Software Quality and Developer Experience: Why Testers Should Care About It” by @teixeira.fernando to discover how improving the developer experience (DX) can contribute to creating high-quality software.

What You’ll Learn:

:bookmark_tabs: What DX is and why it matters.
:bookmark_tabs: Examples of good DX practices.
:bookmark_tabs: How DX improvements are directly connected to software quality.
:bookmark_tabs: Practical steps to start improving your team’s DX.

After reading the article, we’d love to hear from you:

• Have you considered how having an understanding of DX impacts software quality in your work?
  • Do you have any tips or stories about improving DX in your team?
4 Likes

This would be the first time I’ve heard about the term developer experience:
‘Developer experience refers to how easy or difficult it is for a developer to perform essential tasks needed to implement a change.’ Developer Experience (DevEx) - Engineering Fundamentals Playbook
I thought the Agile Manifesto was supposed to do that. Then DevOps was meant to take over for something that was lacking in some teams due to having a different interpretation of agility.
To me, it seems that the developers are not in control yet, and more ‘movements’ are required to be pushed by them to their management to show their importance.

At some point, I noticed that some of the developer experience improvements were collated into agile retrospective improvement points, technical debt, or general process changes/improvements.

The places where I saw the developer experience being better were where the developers owned things, were empowered, and led changes.

2 Likes