Ha Ha Chris. I have a similar but not quite parallel skepticism. However since I need to research the DORA system myself still and am really wanting to know how many people already have an opinion on the system. DORA is not old, it’s reasonably new as a formal measurement, and dang, it makes sense. So people actually using it here needed. No I tried reading blogs about it but most of the blogs on it are companies selling me a toolstack anyway, so I could not use their fiction to grow my technical knowledge.
So. Are we talking HTSM RST HTSM General Test Techniques - What is the difference between scenario testing and user testing? ? Well no, Not a test-centric metric. All of our teams are dev or functional teams. Testers belong to a “chapter” or community-of-practice if you like and are embedded in each dev team, and meet twice weekly. I’m talking all engineering teams using release cadence as a metric. It makes perfect sense to use release cadence as a performance metric, and as someone who has been coding for 30 years now, I like this metric. I hated it as a junior in the 90’s because release is costly, but today, not-releasing is even more costly.