I’m curious to hear tips on improving your manual test cases.
Here is a few thing I do:
- If there are at least two test with same steps, I write a Shared Step test and re-use it in both of those tests
- If a test case has certain requirements I put those in the pre-conditions section - I preferer doing that instead of having one test case be depended on another
- If I got a lot of similar test cases (for example, just for checking different combinations of input, drop-down selections, etc.) I just use parameters so I don’t have to waste time writing separate test cases for each of those options.
- Another thing I do is group the test cases into test suits by functionality, usually I have one test set per user story (Jira ID + name of the US) , so if I need to check that test case later I know where to look for it
- I try to have one test only check on thing, this way I end up with a lot of short test cases, rather than a few test cases but with too many steps, I find it’s more manageable to have lot of shorter ones
What else would you improve? If you’re using manual test cases, that is.