Integration
Injection
Identify
Implement
Inject
interface
interlock

2 Likes

Imagination - I’m not exactly like every kind of user who will ever interact with this system, and I won’t naturally use it in exactly the same way as them. So I have to imagine my way to adequate testing.

3 Likes

I is for “I’ve seen the system doing this… is that something we want?”

I is also for “Issues” which could be a synonym for bug in an environment where bugs are seen as too negative.

4 Likes

Idiocracy (we have all been there…)

But on a serious note - all relative to testing and quality:

Idea
Interoperability
Independence of Testing
Input data testing
Informal review
Inspect
Irresolute mitigation and planning
Information assurance
Iterative development model
Important
Insourced Testing
Identify
Integrity
Imagination
Integration testing
Imitate
Internal failure
Improve
Immediate
Interview
Interface testing
Issue
Insider Threat
Inform
Injection
Impact analysis
Industry
Intrusion detection system
If…
Index
Installability
Internalisation

3 Likes

interference.
This might be applicable for certain hardware,

2 Likes

I is for Interloping.

How might you test something and end up in a place you shouldn’t be? What does that mean for potential security risks? What does that mean for potential usability risks?

1 Like

I is for Ishikawa. A father and son:

• The father: Ichiro Ishikawa had siginifant contributions to the quality movement in Japan after World War Two.
  • The son: Kaoru Ishikawa was a key figure in the development of quality initiatives in Japan, particularly the quality circle. The cause-effect diagram he created is known as an Ishikawa diagram.
2 Likes

I is for 'If Japan can…so can we". This was the American television documentary shown in 1980, credited with beginning the Quality Revolution and introducing the methods of W. Edwards Deming to American managers. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG_Pmt_Ny4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG_Pmt_Ny4 The linky needed to be pasted for me. Curiously this documentary has a subtext that is more about social messaging around labour force motivation comparisons across political motivation over time. A bit like how software testing was almost non-existent in the past, the documentary describes a golden age that kick started modernisation, but also how important it is for people to talk to each other and be pro-active. Which is what software testing is all about, predicting defects and their impacts ahead of their impact.

I is for “Indicator”.

1 Like

It is a damn good clip and goes on to cover communities of quality practise as well as refinement of metrics and continuous improvement, nice find Mike

1 Like

Thank you I am glad that you liked it. I found that the last part of the documentary about the use of statistics really interesting.

1 Like

Can’t believe nobody said “Internet” yet XD

Integration and Inter-operation

Not sure why Integration has not come up, I guess it’s because that is so often obvious, but is someone else’s job. I also see integration as highly complex myself, all about how small changes and their timescales interact. And how system and unit tests we select, defend against changes we identify as bad for an integration boundary area.

That’s a lot of 'I’s, don’t see inclusion though?