Naive questions

Hello, dear forum users!

I’m taking my first steps in testing! Very first! I cannot solve some tasks that seem elementary to you due to the lack of necessary knowledge. For some tasks I can guess the correct answer, but I would be glad to hear your opinion - what is the answer and briefly why - and test yourself.

!!! This is not about you solving problems for me in order to get a job somewhere! The point is that I want to move forward, and not stagnate! Without checking yourself, this is impossible. !!!

Questions in PDF via the link! I will be grateful to kind people for their answers and comments!

Open

Thank you for your help!

Moderators comment. The link appears safe to open.

2 Likes

Hi Aliaksandr!

I’m wondering, where did you get this list of questions/tests and why is it for testers? Some questions there about algorithms and I would say they are more relevant for programmers.

Another point, to make it more productive for you, I suggest you provide your answers (guesses) with any explanations you have, and then others will be able to tell if you’re right or not and why :wink:

And the last one, some questions don’t have the right answer options, in my opinion :sweat_smile: so I would say these testing questions are based on some formal strict procedures and definitions that in reality are almost always useless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, Konstantin!

Thank you very much for the reply of yours! In fact, you are saying exactly what I wanna hear! 'Cause I don’t need the ready-to-use answrs to copy/paste, if you see what I mean. I’d rather have some folks to ask whether my answer is right or not: this way I will get developped and this is exactly what I need to.

Regarding your questions:

“I’m wondering, where did you get this list of questions/tests and why is it for testers?”

This is a Latvia’s huge IT company Automation Testing bootcamp test’s part I sent to you. I see that some questions in my opinion have nothing to do w/QA but rather w/coding. Why so? I got no clue why…

“… to make it more productive for you, I suggest you provide your answers (guesses) with any explanations you have, and then others will be able to tell if you’re right or not and why…”

Cool! Soundsgood to me! Let’s do that! :slight_smile:

“…some questions don’t have the right answer options, in my opinion :sweat_smile: so I would say these testing questions are based on some formal strict procedures and definitions that in reality are almost always useless…”
mAYBE

In my next posting here I will give my answers for you to comment, OK?

Kind regards,

Alix

2 Likes
  1. "At which testing stage the actual results are compared to the expected results?
  • Test implementation
  • Test analysis
    - Test execution
  • Test planning"

My answer: During the test execution the actual result is compared to the expected result.

1. "The test plan documentation should contain all the following, except
  • Test items
  • Environmental needs
    - Test cases
  • Features to be tested"

Answer: The test plan documentation should not contain test cases , because “the test basis is the information needed in order to start the test analysis and create our Test Cases” so if test cases need to be created they are not contained in the above mentioned docs.

1. “Give the following sample of a pseudo code , whichof the following test cases will ensure that statement 6 is executed?”

Answer: I don’t even comprehend what is asked and what I am expected to do!

May I please ask you to point at the right answer and specify the reasons why it is opted? And I will try to understand the logics…

1. The diagram below represents…

I do not know what to pay my attention to. A I have already said I don’t have any necessary background. But I wanna learn! Please give me the right answer and explain the reason why you chose that. In my turn I will analyze and try to understand.

1. Choose the orrect algorithm…

The same story! I simply do not know what I am expected to do to choose the right answer! Could you choose it and explain the choice and I will try to understand?

1. The same thing here! Could you choose the right answer and explain? My job is to understand the logics of your choice!

2. The same here! I need your answer and explanation why you think so. And I will work w/that!

2 Likes

I am learning!
To do so I need to ask stupid questions.
Thanks for understanding!

1 Like
  1. I would answer like you - Test execution, you’re right here.
  2. I would say there are no exceptions :slight_smile: you can include all these things in your test plan or links/references to all this information. Maybe, the authors of the test used some strict formal definition of the “test plan” term according to which you shouldn’t include test cases or something else. Generally speaking, I believe you can be right here too.
  3. My answer is: male == 1, female == 1, breed == NO
    If you are not familiar with programming languages at all or with any concepts of logical expressions, maybe even with boolean algebra then it might be difficult to explain this to you and for you to understand such things. According to your answers, I would say you need to start learning programming if you want to understand and be able to answer questions 3,4,5,6. I would recommend Python e.g. start here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYXdXT2l-Gg&list=PL-osiE80TeTskrapNbzXhwoFUiLCjGgY7

speaking about the answer to the 3rd question:
you have a statement on the 6th row and IF operator means that the 6th row will be executed only when your IF statement is correct, so you need to input breed == NO. On the 3rd row you have 2 conditions - two inputs (male and female) have to be higher than zero ( > 0 ) simultaneously, this is why you need to input male == 1, female == 1. There are other options that are also okay with this condition but they have breed == YES which is not okay for the IF operator on the 5th row.

I hope my explanations will be useful for you, I’m not sure that I explained this well. Questions 4,5,6 are more complicated and complex so it may take more time to explain (frankly I haven’t analyzed them yet, so maybe I won’t be able to answer them too LOL :sweat_smile:) I’ll try to get back to you and your questions later this week. Hope that someone else also will help you soon.

1 Like

And another advice, start learning QA and testing stuff not just asking for answers to this sort of test question, it won’t help you to learn anything. I believe on the MoT platform and here on Club you’ll find dozens of resources for beginners :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Konstantin and thanks for the above message!

“I hope my explanations will be useful for you” No doubt and I do appreciate them!

Please clarify: should I understand your reply so that I simply can’t understand some certain things and it is impossible to explain to me the programming related things above until I reach a certain level and have some definite knowledge / experience so that we could be on the same page with you and could understand each other?

Regards, Alix

In other words: buddy learn basics prior to asking questions? :slight_smile:

It looks like you’re the only one here who cares and whom I can ask! :slight_smile:

Please clarify: should I understand your reply so that I simply can’t understand some certain things and it is impossible to explain to me the programming related things above until I reach a certain level and have some definite knowledge / experience so that we could be on the same page with you and could understand each other?

Of course, you can understand everything the problem is that it might be a bit difficult for me or others to explain some things because, for example, you’re not familiar with some basics in the software QA or programming. Btw, did you understand my answer and explanation in 3rd point?
Another problem here, even if I or others explain stuff well and you understand it partly will help you to get a grasp of some things based on particular examples. When get another set of questions similar to the ones from this example test you again will have difficulties. So my point is that you need to learn some stuff at least to be able to understand questions and make some assumptions/suggestions for possible answers, otherwise, I need to explain to you not the answer but the basics of programming and some topics from QA :slight_smile:

In other words: buddy learn basics prior to asking questions?

Kinda :slight_smile: In this particular situation, maybe I’m wrong, but I have such an impression, it’s like asking in math how to solve equations when you don’t really know how to use basic arithmetical operations :slight_smile: sorry for this harsh comparison, I just wanted to demonstrate the weaknesses of your approach. It’s just not productive for you and others but it’s completely okay to ask advice and questions in your situation.

I would suggest you check other topics and the MoT website and try to find answers and materials on how to become a software tester/QA, where to start, and what to learn if you have zero knowledge in the software dev field. Then, you can describe your situations in detail in a separate topic to ask a particular advice on the learning process and some topics that you want to learn, etc. But here before asking others “What and how to learn to become a QA/Tester?” I want you to do your research and come up with more particular questions on this, this is an important part of the learning process, and believe me, you find lots of useful resources so your questions would be about specific things.

2 Likes

No, for me it is just the way how you act. And I stopped by this sentence of you:

First, the PDF is not reachable anymore => Error 404.
Second, the domain which is linked to looks weird with content I don’t agree with…
Third - and most important to me, too many explamation marks.

Try to think again what you really want and not just collecting answers, comments and questions. Here in MoT Club I do not see us as “forum users”, those forum times are way long over for my understanding.

Have you considered getting yourself involved with AI and ask ChatGPT what you asked here?

2 Likes

Hi @giedras.

Thanks for sharing here. Amplifying @shad0wpuppet’s comment.

Feel free to dive into lots of super helpful questions and answers via the new-to-testing tag.

Perhaps it might give you lots of ideas and avenues to explore. The community absolutely appreciates it can be super overwhelming to join the world of testing.

One day Ministry of Testing will provide a Foundation Certificate in Software Testing which will also be another way for folks to get stuck in.

In the meantime, join some events, ask lots of questions and see what’s possible.

Oh, there’s also this amazing collection of knowledge from the community: Software Testing Essentials: Resources for Beginners

Enjoy exploring! :compass:

2 Likes

Hi, buddy!

Sorry it took me more time to answer than I expected! Hope for the understanding: I had to retake an exam so I was supposed to learn stuff and had no time to surf online! :slight_smile:

“start learning QA and testing stuff not just asking for answers to this sort of test question, it won’t help you to learn anything.”

I absolutely agree w/you. To know anything one gotta learn something - it’s crystal clear! :slight_smile: But the situation I am in is a bit complicated I’d say. I am a teacher by education so I know what I am talking about - to learn something it’s necessary to get to the place where you can be tought (everything is adjusted out there: materials, excersises, methodology, etc. ) or you can learn on your own efficiently. But to sit surrounded by clever books in front of a computer - well, it’s far from being a good idea - also possible for sure but the efficiency of it leaves much to be desired to be honest: in comparison with communication with an experienced and skilled dude finding the answers to the questions you faced yourself takes much more time and is like 3 times less efficient if you see what I mean.

That’s the reason why I am trying to get to the above mentioned bootcamp even though I failed the entrance exam already twice.

But to get to the bootcamp I need either 1) to understand how to solve the above 7 problems in *.pdf or 2) to have these questions answered by a person in the know. To cut it short: the major purpose of my asking is not to have knowledge. to do so I gotta learn day in and day out. That’s out of question for me. But the purpose is to get to the bootcamp by all means. To get the knowledge out there.

Perhaps that vid will explain to you why I am doing what I am doing.

If you have a chance pease give me a hand to find the answers to these 7 ?-ions. If you don’t have such a chance - no worries - shit happens! :slight_smile: Maybe your answwers will be difficult for me to digest so to speak. OK! But this is my problem to figure out. I only need the answers. Something to work with. The rest is my job. :slight_smile: Hopefully you see my point!

BTW, all your advices I’ve heard and they’re appreciated!

As for the questions of yours: everything what you wrote is understandable! Can anything be done w/the remaining stuff? I mean the points which were difficult for you to explain? Could you try please? I will do my best to comprehend! :slight_smile: Try to understand me: the enthusiasm is all I have. No deep knowledge attached. So I need to find a way out :slight_smile: