Navigating Changes in Automation Strategy: How Do You Recommend Changes and Secure Buy-In?

Automation strategies often need to adapt to various changes – be it in team skills, project scope, or emerging technologies. But it’s not just about identifying the necessary changes; it’s also about effectively communicating these recommendations and securing buy-in from our teams or stakeholders. I’m eager to learn about your approaches and experiences in this critical aspect of strategy adaptation.

How To Contribute

1. Identifying Changes: Share a time when you had to recommend a change in your automation strategy. How did you identify what needed to be changed? What was your process for formulating these recommendations?
  2. Communication and Buy-In: Discuss how you presented these changes to your team or stakeholders. What strategies did you use to communicate effectively and ensure that your recommendations were well-received and implemented?

Why Contribute:

• Your stories and experiences provide valuable insights that can help others navigate similar situations in their automation projects.
  • Talking about how you convey changes and persuade others can help hone your skills in strategic communication and leadership.

I’m looking forward to hearing about how you’ve identified and recommended changes in your automation strategies, and how you successfully gained support for these changes.

I said once: don’t do any UI or API checks until products and services are stable and you can control the data.
What they heard: I am against automation, I can’t code, I am a bad tester/employee for not respecting the wishes of the management;

I let them fail multiple times at various levels/stages, impacting the business even massively. But management changed, and the new ones haven’t experienced failure yet so they started to repeat the same things that led to failure initially.
But then the entire team changed, replaced with some people who were easier to control.