Need a super easy way to sync Visual Studio solutions between different machines?

Evening All,

I am learning Selenium WebDriver between work and home and am currently having to copy my entire solution folder (that contains my projects) to Google Drive, then open it up again on the other machine. This method appears to be fraught with issues; usually that my references cannot be found because the paths are different, or my NuGet Packages are the wrong version, etc etc.

What is the easiest way to copy my entire solution and ensure that nothing gets broken along the way? Is there a setting where itโ€™ll copy literally everything over, or should I be looking to GitHub integration?

Finding it all a bit confusing, but there must be a way!

Many thanks,

sad_muso

Hey James,

GitHub is a great way to go. Unure if it matters that much but I tend to keep a consistent location for where projects are stored for example c:\dev\projects or My Documents\Projects etc on both machines. If you do not wish to share your projects publicly checkout BitBucket. They offer free private repositories and you can have I think up to 5 people also contribute to the projects! If you are uploading all your project to Google Drive and then downloading it NuGet should download any dependencies for your project. Regardless go to something Like GitHub or BitBucket for some proper version control :slight_smile:

Hey Viv,

Thanks for the quick reply - really appreciated!

I thought it was odd that cooying the entire folder was still causing issues but thatโ€™s definitely what I did, so something must be amiss there.

Iโ€™ll try setting the same paths on each machine and then attempt to get some version control going - Iโ€™ll be back on here soon no doubt :slight_smile: