Performance testing of Cloud Application Security agent on device

Thanks Craig, some answers below to your points:

What impact does this have when the application loads as a user logging into their PC?

• To be determined. The application is lightweight and only sends data to the tenant to determine actions if applicable, it does not do any β€˜work’ itself. Another thread I have open questions baseline testing strategy, if you have any opinion on that:
    Page response baseline testing

What impact does it have on applications running locally on the PC vs cloud based applications?

• We will have pilot groups across the business to confirm applications (cloud and on-prem) are not affected. Specific pilot group members will write and conduct test cases on high use/high risk applications.

If a user is running on a low performance PC vs a high performance PC?

• Yes, you are right. There will be a range of performance levels, running this test across a range of test devices is to provide indicitive results only. It is noted in my Test Strategy that this is the case.

If the user is on the other side of the world with a high latency/low bandwidth scenario what impact does it have?

• Another assumption, based on the vendor instruction, is the product will connect to different data centres depending on location. This testing will be out of scope at the moment.

So at its basic level, I just want to show the CPU/memory usage the application has, but need a tool across all devices to show this.