User research invitation - new test management tool

[INVITATION] Hi, Software Testers Community

Are you a software tester who needs to report your work? Do you receive testing reports from teams in your organization? We’d love to talk about your experience, expectations and frustrations.

My team is building an app for test management - QAlity Plus for Jira, and currently, we are investigating what consists of good QA reporting.

If you’d like to set up a 45min call to discuss your reporting perspective, please let me know, either in the comments or via private message so we can come up with the perfect slot!

As a big “Thank you” for your contribution, we offer you a $25 amazon voucher

Feel free to reach out!

5 Likes

Mostly I’ve been using reporting features in TestRail, lately. Apart from that I used (to a lesser extend) X-ray, Zephyr and QA Touch a bit. Zephyr and TestRail as standalone, and X-ray and QA Touch as Jira plugins.

I once participated in a similar UX research for Atlassian - they asked me to use a few new Jira features and give my feedback - it was a lot of fun.

I’d like to try out your tool as reporting is a very important aspect of my job. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the answer! It’s great to hear that the reporting plays a vital role in your job :slight_smile:

The thing is that the method for this research is just an so called in-depth-interview (we don’t have much of reporting in our app yet). Thus I’d be very interested in talking to you and discussing your experience with QA reporting, expectations or frustrations.

Would you still be up to it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aleksandrak sure, sounds fun, I’m available after the weekend. :nerd_face:

Hey @aleksandrak and welcome to MoT :slight_smile:

It’s always good to see the fail/pass rate. But what about the flaky rate?
I want to see more tools having the ability to show the difference between different runs

Sprint A: 50 passed 5 failed
Sprint B: 49 passed 6 failed
Sprint C: 54 passed 1 failed

What if those 6 are flaky tests, how does each iteration compare to each other. (also false positives)
I would like to see this for all the different kind of tests (performance, API, security, UI, manual executed tests,… )

Looking forward to seeing that app! Any fancy features that you can share? :wink:

1 Like

This sounds fun @aleksandrak . I have been using TestRail mostly for reporting and some of the Atlassian Jira resources, but would be happy to talk and help you on this.

2 Likes