What is your favourite browser to test in?

What is your favourite browser to test in? Why?

Is it the one that guarantees you’ll find bugs? Has it got the nicest accessibility features? Is it just your favourite and that’s it? :grin:

I’m just dropping in as an interested party, keen to learn.
I do have a question though, what is the polite way to tell customers to change browser in a “non political” way to one you support if you notice they use one that invariably gives a poor experience?

1 Like

What is your favourite browser to test in?

It has to be Internet Explorer and older version (when it’s still officially supported)!
Sorry Devs, not sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

Favorite browser to use?

• Chrome :slight_smile:
1 Like

Chrome Desktop and Safari mobile, because that’s heavily used by our customers (according to Adobe Analytics reports). I always prefer to test on what customers will be using. Also love how you can add lots of plugins in Chrome especially - Wave, lighthouse, ARC :smiley:

1 Like

Internet Explo… ahem… Explorer. It’s my first choice for testing because if there are going to be any browser-specific bugs, chances are they’ll happen in IE.

I keep track of which browsers our customers use, and IE will be my first choice for testing as long as it’s one of the top 5 in our user base. If IE ever drops out, I’ll probably switch to Firefox as the first choice for testing since it’s the second most likely to have browser-specific issues.

2 Likes

I’m also a fan of this school of thought. When Windows was still getting NT to work properly, I made sure to stay on the prior version, since most customers would be too. The bugs I found in this way convinced me to always “build my home” in a space that had more bug watering-holes in it.

4 Likes

IE11 for the bug finding ,Chrome for the dev tools and the emulator but I have been using edge (not the chromium one) and that seems to have its own specific bugs too :smiley:

2 Likes