30 Days of Automation in Testing Day 3: Explore "The Club" and Contribute

Day 3 - #30daytestingchallenge

Challenge - Explore the automation thread on The Club and contribute to the conversation

Contributed to this thread today

Getting started with the basics of automation code (edited)

1 Like

Tried to address one the common issues faced by new automation testers in this link: Exception when clicking on an element
Exception when clicking an element, Unable to find a element, Can’t find the locator, Unable to find the locator value – Generally, all these exceptions can be handled by implementing anyone of the below solutions.

1. Check your locator value again
  2. Use different locator to identify the web element
  3. Your driver might be trying to find the element before it is ready, so use appropriate waits

You can also check this here: https://qakumar.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/day-3-the-club-interaction/

1 Like

I contributed to that thread as well.

1 Like

Day 3 - #30daytestingchallenge

Challenge - Explore the automation thread on The Club and contribute to the conversation

Contributed to below threads:

3 Likes

I contributed to the thread “What To Automate.”

1 Like

#Day 3 : I contributed to thread Setting up Test Cases

1 Like

I’m a little bit behind on the challenge
For day #3 I’ve just contributed to “Getting started with the basics of automation code”.

1 Like

Totally new to this challenge (as I’ve transitioned to QA Automation since last year) and have found so many new and exciting opportunities. I’m kind of fast-tracking my progress, knocking out “days” in small batches due to limited bandwidth and what-not. The best, funnest things I’ve come to love about my engineering role is the challenge of always learning something new, on-the-fly.

Case in point: at a recent project, knowing little about Javascript, I was introduce to a test framework - codeceptjs - which was a little overwhelming at first since I was experienced with JAVA and PYTHON. But in a matter of a week, and with the help of the Developer who introduced it to me, I was up and running with a successful E2E test.

I’m still working through PYTHON as it was the language I have been teaching myself. But I’ve been exposed to proprietary frameworks, custom frameworks, and most recently KATALON - a superb out-of-the-box framework that has surpassed a lot of testing issue I’ve had with others. And lord knows, I’ve researched just about all the best ones.

In conclusion, for the next 30 days, I will be consistently active in posting my findings here … as well as on my blog which I will only promote this one time - http://severeqa.blogspot.com/. This was dedicated primarily to QA, as a round-table to discuss things not-always about testing, but has since shifted to Information / Cybersecurity – my passion.

30 Day automation challenge accepted!! :slight_smile:

I have contributed to this topic : Automated testing for Windows desktop

Day 3

Contributed to below threads:

Three threads :smiley:

Thanks all your guys for the information.
This forum is extremely useful.