30 Days of Automation in Testing Day 4: What Types of Testing Can Automation Support You With?

@rk_manne - this is just about the same thing I was going to write :slight_smile:

• The only thing is Security would be handled by other tools not within the scope of this conversation (or section).

Vulnerability Checks: can be handled by an automated tool using ZAP and BurpeSuite to scan the entire directory of a project’s code base and look for any flaws.

Dictionary / Brute Force Hacking: Again, another means of testing that can be automated but not in scope of this club

Below is my experience:

1.Unit test: Very low level, close to the source of your application
2. Smoke test: I applied it in the support ticket project, because ticket was create by the client and depended on the need of client so we can not use automation for ticket.
3. Regression test: build framework to cover the regression test cases
4. API testing: use to parse JSON, compare with database automatically…
5. Data-Driven: use to generate data from API and database
6. Mobile testing: robotium to test application…
7. Load test and performance test with Jmeter
8. Non functional testing

As Peter mentioned on Twitter, automation can help all kinds of testing. In general, some ways (“how”) it can help are:

• Consistent repetition of actions and checks (computer are dumb, but they do not get tired);
  • Inspection of hard to reach environments (e.g: unit testing, API);
  • Precision in analysis (e.g.: performance testing).

I have read all of those on the topic, It’s very useful for me and below in my experience:

• Front End: Selenium and Protractor for automation test case to run a regression test
  • API or Web Services testing: Postman to check manually after that using Selenium for automation test case to run a regression test
  • Performance testing: Use J-meter
  • Mobile testing: Use Appium, Robotium

You are welcome :smiley: :heart_eyes: