30 Days of Testability Day 26 task is an exercise about relationships with other teams.
How well you get on with other teams that affect your team and application has a massive impact on testability. Understanding how other teams use your system, how they test the systems that integrate with yours and many more influential factors.
Determine which teams affect your testability and how you could improve relationships with those teams.
- Find out how many teams are connected to your team
- Find out how those teams test the applications they are responsible for
- Determine what actions you could take to improve those relationships
Work with your development team to create a mind map (or list) of:
- Teams which support your application
- Teams which consume your application
- What types of interactions with those teams occur (regular demo’s or shared tools for example)
- What types of testing they perform on components linked to your application
Where the level of interaction or knowledge of how they test is low, what can you do to improve that?
- Etsy provided some great examples of cross-pollination of teams: https://www.slideshare.net/mrembetsy/devops-picc12-management-talk/35-The_Same_Way