A dark mode option?

So I’ve not been on the club in a while, but I’m loving the new layout and changes you’ve all made, a+ work! I’m looking forward to spending more time here and maybe using the chat.

I have sensitive eyes, and frequent headaches/migraines, and dark mode on sites are often a life/eyesaver for me. Could we get a dark mode option on the backlog please?

8 Likes

In chrome you can “force” dark mode on all sites. Go to chrome://flags/ , search Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents and enable.

The Club renders quite nicely with this setting. Only thing that doesn’t get rendered properly are emojis.

3 Likes

But yeah, a native dark mode would be nicer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use firefox, which I don’t think has that option, but I’ll investigate. I can always use chrome just for the club if needed though!

3 Likes

And that also ensures it isolates The Club as only site to be force dark moded, as unfortunately this setting will apply to all sites

2 Likes

okay, I found a firefox add-on which is working suprisingly well, but yeah, I think a native option would be good for folks :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, @gemma.hill1987. I also know @mirza is keen on dark mode.

It’s on the backlog of tasks for us to pick up. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I might have some work arounds, if you are interested,

1 Like

It’s been over 2 months, any updates?

Looks quite straightforward:

And there’s a ready component for a nice toggle for when dark mode would be implemented btw:

1 Like

Thanks for the signal boost and question, @pwicherski.

I switched it on a while back and because we’ve customised quite a lot of The Club it broke all sorts and wasn’t immediately obvious how to fix it.

Let me see if we can boost its priority with Richard and Andrew (our developers). :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you, @simon_tomes, for the update, and no pressure, of course. It just would be nicer to use dark mode on a tablet :pray:

1 Like