A tester walks into a bar

What can you learn from a tester that walks into a bar?
Well a tester is a tester in every aspect of their life
So testers will use test techniques everywhere they go
After a long weekend and to start the Monday with a smile
Check the below and tell me what it tries to explain

4 Likes

Love the poem!
So happy hour is between 3 and 4, and our tester is checking which drinks are reduced on the boundaries of the hour. Maybe the discount applies for drinks ordered during happy hour (2 and 3 are reduced), or those delivered during the hour (1 and 2 are reduced, assuming it takes >1m to make the drink), or if the bill is ordered during the hour (no drinks reduced)?
What I would want to know is whether 3:00 and/or 4:00 count as ‘during happy hour’, and whether a long queue would make a difference - if I queue up at 3:55 but only manage to order after 4:00, would I get the discount? If so, would I also get it if I ordered within the hour but started queuing at 2:55? And that’s not even getting started on sneakily altering the various clocks and watches in the pub, which could really confuse things!

3 Likes

Thank you for the comment. I like the way you posted the extra questions, extra scenarions. That was the whole point of it. To make people think of what is presented and why it is like that and to come up with other ideas. Unfortunately I cannot alter the poem that much but … there are more poems coming. I do not know why but a tester keeeps walking into a bar :smiley:

2 Likes

@phoebeyoung - Part 2 is now there

1 Like

Thank you @restertest - loved Part 1 and Part 2 (for those who also want to watch it: here A tester walks into a bar - Part 2 - YouTube )

I featured your videos on my blog A tester walks into a bar (Part I and II) – Alexander Schnapper

Are there more parts coming? Love them. :clap:

2 Likes

I am thinking of a part 3 but I would like to get ideas also from the community on what it should be about. Even random words could help.

@alexschnapper -Ich denke es wäre eine super Idee : Ein Tester geht zu Oktoberfest :smiley:

2 Likes

Which apart from anything else, suggests that the next testing conference to be held in Munich would have to be called TestFest (or Test[Oktober]Fest if held in that month!).

3 Likes

Thanks for helping with this. Very useful and interesting.

1 Like

What about scale? Maybe now the tester can go not to a bar, but instead a club or large event?

2 Likes

This is great! I enjoyed part 2 also.

I wonder from the poem where the actual boundaries are, and especially it leaves me with a question:

With the bar tab accumulating, and only being paid at the end, and the concept of a ‘happy hour’, all of a sudden you need to record when each drink was purchased. But what time is important here? When the drink was ordered? When it was made available for consumption? When it was paid for?

1 Like

It is important for the architects to be developers themselves. Otherwise, they will have an inability to identify the real issues facing the project https://mlsdev.com/blog/healthcare-mobile-app-development. They should also work collaboratively with developers and make decisions on how to overcome these challenges. If they are not on the same page, the architectures will not be able to solve these problems. Also, it is important to have regular architecture specific exchanges among team members. This helps the architects identify synergies between the different product teams.