Add a new tool to the Ministry of Testing tools directory – 30 Days of Tools, Day 9

It’s Day 9 of the 30 Days of Tools challenge and a good time to visit the new Ministry of Testing tools directory. Is there a tool missing? Feel free to add it!

Add a new tool to the Ministry of Testing tools directory

1. Head on over to Ninja training for software testers | MoT
  2. Check to see if the tool already exists in the directory
  3. If not, select the “Submit a Tool” button
  4. Add a tool name and link, then select “Submit”
  5. Feel good about contributing to the directory! :raised_hands:

Feel free to reply to this post and share wherever you like, on the MoT Slack, LinkedIn, Twitter using #30DaysOfTools, Racket, your blog, with your team and any place you feel might inspire yourself and others to do the same. Let’s learn from each other throughout October. Visit the 30 Days of Tools page and select the “Subscribe to Topic” button to receive each daily challenge direct to your inbox.

:point_right: Have you seen the amazing schedule and registered for Test.bash();?

It’s on October 28th, 10am-10pm UK time. Available with a Pro Subscription or you can purchase a ticket.

2 Likes

Submitted a tool (an ET session management app) hopefully it gets approved, I didn’t see it on the list.

2 Likes

Submitted a few! :wink:
Interested to see what people are going to submit!

2 Likes

Added faker.js the demo. You can use faker.js in your code to generate fake data, but you can also use their demo to have fake data easily accessible if you do some manual testing.

3 Likes

I submitted AXE, the accessibility tool.

I’ve only used it the once, but I liked it!
https://www.deque.com/axe/

4 Likes

I submitted livingdoc, a BDD tool. It’s purpose is to create a living documentation. The test specification follows the keyword driven development approach (which is used e.g. in fitnesse too).

4 Likes

I submitted https://bugmagnet.org/ we already had a conversation about it.

3 Likes

I’ve submitted K9s, a terminal based UI for interacting with Kubernetes clusters. Its really easy to use (in my opinion) and gives me real time info about everything in my cluster.

2 Likes

I’d like to add Specflow, really excited about doing a 99 minute workshop on this later this month.

2 Likes

Added Paint .NET, Licecap and Flashback Express/Pro linkies.

/edit Added a few more, I’m still near the top of my personal list. This tool directory thing going to explode and go viral!

2 Likes

I added our new tool here, testiny.io – it’s a browser-based modern, small test managament tool which is currently in beta and we are actively seeking feedback from our current and new users. It is constantly improved and new features are added regularly – we just added support for Jira issues – with our next release our app can create printable reports and after that we are working on our implementation of Test Plans.

Give it a try (it’s free!), we try our best to provide a great and useful tool. And if you can spare a minute, we thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback at this stage!

2 Likes

Submitted Fast and reliable end-to-end testing for modern web apps | Playwright Java

1 Like

Submitted Playwright, will come back and submit more.