Any recommendations for OWASP free webinars or conferences?

As a QA professional aiming to enhance my expertise in security testing, I’m seeking recommendations from the community for OWASP free webinars or conferences that could contribute to my learning.

While I’ve discovered valuable content on bright talk, I’m eager to explore additional resources, communities, and meetups. What other platforms or events have you found beneficial for advancing your knowledge in security testing?

Your insights and suggestions would greatly assist me in expanding my skill set.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @aurelienl and welcome!

With watching a talk, you are not going to learn so much. In security, you learn by doing! I’ve written a post here:

which might be useful for you!
Always happy to talk about it more if you have more questions.

4 Likes

@aurelienl sorry for the additional ping but I knew I wrote a second page, just couldn’t find it earlier.

This page has my favorite influencers to follow & some Youtube channels I would highly recommend. I definitely recommend watching Stöks motivational video’s on how to start in security/bug bounty & his video on how he became HackerOnes MVP without writing any code.

3 Likes

Thanks for the Security Testing - Where on earth do you start? topic post reminder, @kristof. I’ve reopened it and bumped it back to the top.

And I hope that helps you discover more, @aurelienl. You can watch the topic for updates. Just select the bell icon on the right-hand side and select “Watching”.

2 Likes

I have a short security testing activity that will guide you through practicing a few things. It isn’t the most sophisticated or pretty of sites but could be useful & fun.

What part of security interests you? I’d recommend having a look into threat modelling. I don’t know about OWASP talks but if you have Pro membership then MoT has a few great talks (they got me into it).

2 Likes

Is Advent of Cyber on your radar? :slight_smile:

2 Likes