Are software testers Linzi's favourite people?

I enjoyed Linzi Carlin’s talk at Leeds Testing Atelier. It was lighthearted, fun and full of helpful advice and reflections about the relationships between developers and testers. Linzi’s a developer so it was cool to get her take on things.

Here are some things that stood out:

• Testers know the system better than anyone else. They know where the bodies are buried. :rofl:
  • Testers have a refreshing lack of ego, compared to developers.
  • Communicating with people who approach life in different ways can be difficult. It’s important to understand and listen to people who come from a different place.
  • None of us are the smartest people in the room.
  • You have to be intentional with how you connect with people, now that we’re remote.
  • Software testers are her favourite people. :smile:

During the talk, Linzi introduced How to Deal with Difficult People on Software Projects. A lot of fun to explore and smile at.

I think if I was gonna pick one from the late stages of my testing career, I’d have to be The Downtrodden. :sweat_smile:

How about you, what’s your animal?

2 Likes

That’s brilliant, some of those descriptions made me smile.

I have been described as a firehose by a few devs, sometimes I need to slow down the feedback. I have a little of the downtrodden in there too as a world weary tester, also sometimes a bit alarmist, I have high expectations at times!

2 Likes