There are various extents of web application those need to be tested to avoid every possible glitch. Can anyone enlist basic testing practices for software application testing?
I would strongly recommend this course it’s only $10 but covers so much
Depending upon the business requisite, there are various areas of web application those need to be tested thoroughly. Let’s go through some of them one by one:
- User-friendliness: The work-flow of any software application is tested so that a user who is new to the application can easily understand it. It involves diverse test scenarios like: proper field alignment, text size, display of scroll bars on user interface whenever required etc for different OS/Browser combinations on mobile and desktop devices.
- Functionality test: The web application need to be tested against the functional requirement & specifications provided. It includes identifying functions that a system is supposed to do. Best practice is to cover all possible End to End user scenarios.
- Security involved: Identifying and resolving any pitfalls involved in web application security should be on top priority so that user data/information remains confidential.
- Application Performance: An organization that provides web application testing services generally conducts performance test of an application under various environments to ensure that application’s functionality is working properly and response time is adequate under heavy load on specified browsers & devices.
Hope this information is useful to you.
- Functionality Testing
- Database/API/Web Services Testing
- Integration Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Domain Testing
- Performance Testing
- UI Testing
To add on to the comments from vishaldutt (above):
User friendliness: You also have to consider compliance with any standards that have been set to make the application usable for people with visual and hearing disabilities (what are the various e-readers compatible with in regards to font, color, icons, etc.). You also have to remember to test resizing the screen and testing on multiple devices (computer, iPad or other tablet, cellphone).
Functionality test: Don’t forget to make sure that any business requirements are met as well, such as what can or can’t be done within given parameters, anything that causes a hard stop, at what point can’t something be deleted, etc.
Security involved: Don’t forget about secure socket testing, data masking (for credit cards, other personal identity information, etc.), and user security levels in regards to what in the application can be accessed. I’m sure there are many more that I haven’t mentioned, but these are important in every organization.
Testing practices is depend upon the actual testing needs and requirements also but I think there are some basic practices we have to apply while doing testing…let check the one by one.
- Think according to user point of view
- Try to deal with the hackers
- Work on each component
- Don’t forget to work with Development Team
- Check for bothering elements
For more references: https://www.testrigtechnologies.com/10-best-practices-for-web-application-testing/