๐Ÿ“š C is for [โ€ฆ]

C is for Continuous Testing

What else?

[LinkedIn and X]

6 Likes

Collaboration, Curiosity, Communication, Creativity, Critical Thinking

This reminds me of the book by @emna_ayadi and Ard Kramer: 21st Century Skills for Testers 21st Century Skills Forโ€ฆ by Ard_Kramer et al. [PDF/iPad/Kindle]

7 Likes

C is for Compatibility Testing

6 Likes

Context driven testing - one of the schools of testing

• Factory school: emphasis on reduction of testing tasks to routines that can be automated or delegated to cheap labor.
  • Control school: emphasis on standards and processes that enforce or rely heavily on standards.
  • Test-driven school: emphasis on code-focused testing by programmers.
  • Analytical school: emphasis on analytical methods for assessing the quality of the software, including improvement of testability by improved precision of specifications and many types of modeling.
  • Context-drive school: emphasis on adapting to the circumstances under which the product is developed and used.

https://kaner.com/?p=15

6 Likes

Capability Testing - Compares the functionality across multiple browsers, devices, platforms etc.

Cybersecurity Testing - A Vulnerability test, checklist to assess the weakness in a product.

5 Likes

Cross-browser testing

6 Likes

C is for CI/CD since our automation tests should be part of the pipeline

C is for Compatibility - which depends on what the software does, but itโ€™s definitely supposed to be compatible with something

C is for Code, which houses bugs no matter how careful we and the devs are

5 Likes

Cybersecurity :wink: (this is also about QA and Testing)

5 Likes

C is for Cupcake - Android 1.5

5 Likes

Me

(Sometimes I really hate the 20 char minimum)

6 Likes

Casting
Typesafe languages removed this problem, but before they came along floating point memory conversions were why boundary test cases always require more than one sample outside of the invalid boundary to stand some chance of catching errors like 0 not being equal to 0.1^-8 . Fond memories of writting unit tests for 2 variants of short float, and for the 8-byte in both directions.

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Code Coverage
:upside_down_face: Continuous Integration
:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Compatibility Testing
:grimacing: Cross-browser Testing
:smiling_face_with_tear: Configuration Management
:expressionless: Critical path testing
:face_exhaling: Cyclomatic Complexity

4 Likes

C is really for Safe Communities

I tend to login to MOT every day if itโ€™s a workday, and so this morning Iโ€™m in โ€œcommunciationsโ€ mode, a skill I suck at, but Iโ€™m gradually learning. Iโ€™m on a fundraiser comittee with a 45K target, my job on the comitee is social and comms, how unlikely is that. I suck at talking and writting! Itโ€™s easy to use our strengths and never talk about weaknesses, but communities are about being vulnerable so we can help address weaknesses in our teams. Everyone can learn to take the thing they are worst at and bring it up to at least passable. When we create communities of practise in our workplace to network people across a function to give them a sounding board, we are doing community by just sharing knowledge better.

Anyway, this brings a little tear to my eye, because as I have loggd into MOT I note that the community has exploded over the last year and topics I used to answer in great detail, no longer need my quick daily input, because we now have so many great contributors.

C is for safe communities of practise.

6 Likes

C is for Christian :sunglasses:

5 Likes

C is for memory-safe code. Said no one, ever.

2 Likes

Thanks @jesper for the mention ! :grinning: yeah the 4Cโ€™s and nice to discover more Cโ€™s useful for testers !

2 Likes

C programming language
Cable
Configuration
Cache memory
Captcha
Connection
Control
Control Center
Cookie
Computer
Cluster
Compatibility
connectivity
Criticality

3 Likes

Competency. Know what the competencies are in your team, and make use of it in the best way possible

1 Like

C is for Criteria.
CC is for Code Coverage.
CCC is for Continously Contributing Community.

2 Likes

C is for when you have no fear of death nor of buffer overflow/memory leaks.

2 Likes