Day 1: Introduce yourself and your current career goal

I always struggle with this question!

I’m lucky that I kinda fell into testing and found that it was something I actually enjoy - I got to witness the evolution of the role and I’m pretty convinced that testing and quality assurance will only get more interesting as the world changes and I want a seat at the table for those conversations and I want to support teams in building their capabilities

In my CV I highlight that I am a Modern Day Tester - some days I think I know what that means… other day I’m not so sure I could sell it

So my short term goal is to arrive at a statement to back up my USP “Modern Day Tester”

Another one of my short term goals is to put more effort into tech communities in and outside of work, I recognize more now just how much I benefited and continue to benefit from others volunteering their time and I want to try and pay it forward

Long term - I’m in need of a change in industry, having worked for a bank my entire adult life I’m a bit desperate for something new… I found this thread fascinating - Are there industries you won't work in?

It’s not that I think the grass is greener elsewhere I just appreciate its a big world out there and I can see plenty of upside from a change in environment - I feel pretty established at my current employer but starting somewhere brand new will be a real test of my skills/experience and I reckon will come with more opportunity

9 Likes